Chapter 6 - Silver's whim

"Well~ this is interesting~ hello to you too, her majesty the Queen ~" Argent said with a smirk.

The faces of the three women were filled with despair.

As Argent said, the woman - the queen - is currently standing in front of him.

The queen is in her mid-twenties. A few inches below Argent's height. She has blonde hair below shoulder length. Her proportions are well-balanced, anyone would know why the king married her.

He heard their plot against the king. And as someone who followed his orders, they think that they will be killed.

"Now, now, don't worry I won't tell anyone. I'm no longer in a contract with him. So, I could care less what happens to him." although he said that he wouldn't mind telling it to the king, with a price of course.

They didn't believe him, all except the queen.

"Will you really not say it? In exchange for what?" the queen asked suspiciously.

She knew that demons are beings that do things for a price or compensation. They won't meddle with you, if, you don't interest them.

They will only do things that benefit you, if it benefit them as well.

"Well, I really won't tell the king... But I guess this is fine as well." Argent said, thinking of a price for this information that he has.

Truthfully though, I really don't care what they were plotting with the king.

"This bookstore who owns it?" Argent said pointing downward. He is quite curious of the information and knowledge of humans.

"T-that would be mine." the woman who has been shivering the entire time raised her hand.

She is a head smaller than the queen, with blue short hair and a petite body. If one would guest her age it would be around 16 to 18 yrs old.

She is hiding behind the last woman in the room. This one had short brown hair, appearances wise you could tell that she is a soldier. Age wise maybe early twenties.

A tone body fit for combat, her height almost the same as Argent. And the way she positioned herself protecting the other two. Confirms it.

"Then will you let me take about 10, no 15 books in here for free?" Argent asked with a smile. This smile not threatening at all just someone who is excited to obtain something he likes.

"Eh..? Um.. Y-yes! Sure take 15 books! Pick which ever you want." the blue haired girl quickly answered.

"Great! That's all I want." Argent quickly turned his back and started looking at the books in the bookstore.

The three stood still.

That's it?!?!

"Wa-wait up." the queen ran to where Argent was. He already has three books in his arms.

He grinned internally.

"Yes? Anything else?" Argent asked tilting his head.

"That's all?! No magicules, souls, corpse, or whatever?" she needed to make sure. She couldn't believe it. Such a simple compensation for such a big secret.

"Well yes that's right. So you guys do what you want I'll just ignore whatever I hear." he continues to survey the shelves while talking.

"Are you fine with those kind of compensations?" she asked more calmly, thinking of a plan.

Argent realized this but played dumb.

"Yes, yes, of course it still depends on the compensation but I take books, knowledge, magicules, souls, materials or whatever that I think has value." he gave her a side glance.