Chapter 56 - Successors

"Well, that's the end of that." Rimuru stood up from his sitting position.

Turning back to the two True Dragons enjoying themselves with Rimuru's snacks.

"Hm? Mh.. Hm.." Velgrynd tried to speak as she ate another piece of cake. "I mean, good I'm proud of those two."

"...." Rimuru looked at the two suspiciously. "Did you two even watch?" 

They have been far enough that they would not be a bother for the right, but still near enough to watch with their universal sense. 

"That's rude," Velzard closed her book, "I was properly watching them fight." 

Rimuru sighed at the two, giving up on scolding them. "You two are really related to Veldanava..."

"Oh my," Velzard has a thin smile as she tilt her head. "That doesn't sound like a compliment for some reason." 

"It's obviously not one Sister Velzard," Velgrynd whispered to her loud enough for Rimuru to hear, pissing him off more. 

Rimuru silently turned and flew close to Agni and Runa, giving up on talking with the true dragons. 

"Were you two satisfied?" Rimuru turned to the humanoid forms of Water and Fire. 

They were both standing beside their respective challenger who were both unconscious at the moment. Unfortunately, their appearance were simply a human shape mold made from their elements. The shape of the head and body were there, but the details of the face and other small features are not present.

"Yes, I for one am delighted to give my powers to this one," Water sat down and placed its 'hand' on Runa's head in a stroking manner. 

"Haha! While in terms of power, I was indeed strong." Fire boasted at first, "But on real fighting experience I was the weaker one." Fire looked down on its arms, flaming limbs that could barely maintain the shape of a human. 

"Will you believe me when I say this is my first time making a humanoid form?" Fire looked directly at Rimuru, Water as well directed its gaze at Rimuru. 

Rimuru alternately looked at the two great spirits, their bodies barely able to maintain their shape. The lack of detailed features and among other things could give Rimuru the obvious answer. 

"I believe you," 

"Fufu," Water giggled to itself. "Looks like waiting for our deaths has its disadvantages. We should have listened to those two." 

"Hah! No way," Fire crossed its arms in an X. "Those two wanting to keep surviving when our purpose is already finish is just an insult to our creator!" Fire turned away from Water. 

Rimuru's interest were piqued, "Those two?"

The two great spirits looked at Rimuru, "Ah, the great spirits of earth and wind." Water answered. 

"Oh, them." Rimuru recalled Terra that Diablo recruited for Arcana. He wonders if it was good to bring her up to the two before him. They don't seem to hold her and the great wind spirit in high regard.

"Wanting to remain alive and planning to incarnate themselves! Truly their shamelessness knows no bound." Fire continues to complain about the two.

But then Rimuru noticed something, that is only four of the great spirits. 

"What about the other great spirits?" Rimuru asked the two. "Where is darkness, light, and if possible even time?" He counted on his fingers.

Water and Fire looked at each other, then back at Rimuru.