Chapter 45 - Job Allocation & Reward

It has been about a decade since Enki and Siren left to train under the True Dragon sisters. 

Rimuru could be seen finishing up the paperwork of the day, in the silent room with Noir. He can't lie, he misses Velgrynd's presence who would just lay down on the sofa and read her novels. 

She still returns every three days or so to Citadel, "I'll train Enki for maybe three to five hundred years, after that he can train on his own" That is what Velrgynd said before she left. 

Today Rimuru will be doing his daily rounds, he stood up and went to where the Insects are. "Noir are they in the training ground?" He asked as they left the office. 

"They are Rimuru-sama" Noir bowed, knowing exactly who Rimuru was referring to. 

Soon they arrived at the training ground. They watched as the Beetle and Bee fought ten B-plus Fiery Men. This was ordered by Noir who was stepping in as their mentor. Although most of the time Noir only orders them to fight than actually training them. 

The training regiment of the Beetle and Bee are mostly fighting that Noir made specifically for them. When he first started training them, he fought them with all of his strength. Showing the difference of their abilities and what should they strive for.

Not only that, Noir was able to assess what they needed to improve in the fight. 

Their current regiment is fighting Ten Fiery Men (B-plus), Five Fiery Men (A-minus), Ten Water Sprites (B-plus), Five Water Sprites (A-minus), and Three Holy Angels (A) each and every day. They do have a rest day of every five days to not be burnt out.   

The Beetle acted as the vanguard while the Bee was support. The Fiery Men both use fire attacks as well as held weapons, the Beetle would tank the flames and block the weapons that came too close to the Bee with its tough exoskeleton and horn. 

Meanwhile the Bee with its speed would silently attack the Fiery Men one-by-one to lessen their numerical disadvantage. It would wait for one of them to be caught off guard and that is when it strikes with its claws. 

Rimuru watches from afar with a grin, in terms of magicules both Insects are only B-plus similar to the Fiery Men. And yet, they could be considered A-minus with how well they could fight of ten, though compatibility is also a factor with how tough the Insects truly are. 

"Can't wait for them to grow strong enough to be an asset." Rimuru turned and left the training ground with Noir. 

Next would be Jahil's Facility, they have made a lot of progress with their creation of the perfect test subject. Thanks to Violet's subordinates and her participation, they manage to acquire another Queen. 

Another thing is that the Queen actually produced a King and its guards, Rimuru and Jahil forced it to *cough* make Queens *cough* through some of the captured women from different races and worlds. 

The facility in question is now going strong with ten Queens all eating and producing test subjects for Jahil. Although, "Not one manage to survive anything stronger than magisteel." As per Jahil's words. 

The goal was to transform the bones and exoskeleton of the insects with stronger metals. However progress is very slow as presented, that is why more Queens were necessary. 

With each one have a different set of meals and intakes, to find the most suitable menu for raising and creating the best test subjects. 

"Yo," Rimuru waved as he saw Jahil with a Chimera Ant that looks like a mix of Beetle and Human strapped down. Jahil looked towards Rimuru and nodded and continued in injecting liquified mithril into the bones of the screaming insect.