Chapter 50 - Partner

"Rimuru!" Velgrynd opened the door with so much force, that it broke and was detached from the wall. "Let's go!" She raised her right fist above in a cheerful manner. 

Today was the promised day when Rimuru and Velgrynd would wander around a world to observe for a day. Though technically the world has already been analyzed and has its own observers, they are doing more of an outing or a one-day vacation to wander around. 

Velgrynd has been waiting for this day for centuries, she has been contemplating how she is going to approach her dilemma with her feelings. She knew that she liked Rimuru, which was already established with the help of Velzard. 

The question now is does she want to present this feeling of hers to Rimuru. Does she want to take their relationship one step further than just being friends? than just being partners? 

I'll find the answer today. 

"It's already been that long huh," Rimuru muttered realizing that more than five centuries have past. "After this, I'm going to check on Enki and Siren."

Velgrynd showed a little pout, "Think about them some other time," Velgrynd pulled Rimuru to the gate that Rimuru opened in his office. "You'll have a lot of time with that tomorrow."

"Hahaha that is true," Rimuru responded following Velgrynd. Wonder what she has in store for me.

Rimuru was not dense enough to not know the real implication of what today will be. It is no investigation, nor outing. It is what the humans and other species called a date. 

While Rimuru has realized that Velgrynd harbors feelings for him, more than a friend should be, he would abstain from making action similar to with Luminas. While he sees both Luminas and Velgrynd as more than friends, he still has some reservation with being in a relationship. 

If they want Rimuru to be in one, they'll have to persuade him themselves. That is the conclusion that Rimuru came up with thus, he continues to act clueless with Velgrynd's excitement and actions.

Thus the two went to planet 3 of Cluster I of Universe Eidikos.

The surrounding is a beautiful green scenery, with vast grassland as far as the eye can see. Even further would be several forests and mountains where majority of the creatures reside.

Rimuru presented his hand to Velgrynd, who happily accepted. The two then flew towards one of the tree covered areas of the planet.

As they flew,

"What should we do?" Rimuru turned to Velgrynd, as she was the one to lead the whole 'observation' plan for the world. 

Velgrynd turned to Rimuru, she has of course planned out what they would do for the day.

It's not an exaggeration to say that she has been planning it for more than a few decades minimum.

"For now," Velgrynd spoke pointing her finger in front. "We'll take a small picnic on that mountain."

The mountain that Velgrynd pointed to was the tallest mountain of this world.

Soon the two arrived at the mountain and laid down on a flat surface somewhere atop.

"I had Misery make this for us," Velgrynd took out a variety of food and placed it down as they both sat down.

"I see," Rimuru took a sandwich from one of the baskets of food.

Velgrynd watched him expectantly, as Rimuru put the food to his mouth, and ate it.

Velgrynd just continues to watch Rimuru eat. Rimuru noticed and looked at her quizzically.