Chapter 23 - Greek Pantheon 2

A/N: majority of this chapter is just about Greek mythology origin like Gaia and Ouranos children, Kronos tyranny, Zeus and others escape. So you can probably skip more than half of the chapter. I'll make a mark like (********) so you can skip to that part if you aren't interested.

Long ago Veldanava created this universe, and this universe was baptized as Khaos the primordial God of Chaos.

Soon after this, came the other Primordials which were also placed by Veldanava.

The first to come was Gaia herself. She, like the other primordials were spirit lords, due to the transfer to this universe, they evolved into spirit kings.

They were beings without form. That is why Gaia chose a form of a planet, that she vaguely remembers when she was with Veldanava.

Unfortunately, Gaia was the only one who has any recollection of Veldanava. The other primordials just believe that they came to be from Khaos. That is why she kept this fact hidden.

The next to arrive was Tartarus. His mind seems to have been affected by the transfer, he was filled with negative emotions. He chose to live deep inside the planet which is Gaia's body.

There he materialized himself as a seperate world inside of Gaia. A place where in the future will be use as a cage to imprison strong beings.

Next came Eros the God of love, he was unconsciously affected by Veldanava's desire for life and progress of species. That his powers reflected it, and will be the reason for the births of many beings.

After him came Nyx the primordial god of the night and her husband Erebus the primordial God of Darkness.

These were all the beings that Veldanava placed in this universe.

Gaia was jealous of how much Nyx and Erebus loved each other, this being Eros' fault. She was given the desire to have herself a partner as well. Someone she can love, someone she can spend her eternity with.

With that in mind, she made her first son Ouranus. The personification of the sky/heavens. As the personification of sky, he envelopes Gaia's entire body. Gaia made Ouranos her husband.

Gaia also gave birth to Ourea the personification of the mountains, and Pontus the personification of the sea. Soon her body no longer seem feature less and was given life.

Soon Ouranos and Gaia made children with each other. The first beings Gaia gave birth to were the hecatonchires (100 handed ones)
-Cottus
-Briareos
-Gyges

Ouranos was scared of their strength. He fears that they may one day overthrow him, seeing as they have the power to do so.

He took them and placed them into Tartarus. In a similar fashion the Cyclops
-Brontes
-Steropes
-Arges

Were also brought to Tartarus, Ouranos was disgusted by their figure. Only having one eye for each of them.

He placed a Guardian dragon to make sure that they cannot escape from Tartarus. But this was not needed, for Tartarus himself would not let go of his new tenets.

Gaia also had children with Pontus. These were:
-Nereus
-Thaumas
-Phorcys
-Ceto
-Eurybia

Since they were children of Pontus which was weaker than Ouranos. They were not as strong as the others. And because of this, they did not get the attention of Ouranos ire.

As the lover of Ouranos, Gaia had more children with him. The one that will be known as the titans.
-Oceanus (titan god of sea and water)
-Tethys (titan Goddess of fresh water)
-Hyperion (titan god of light and observation)
-Thea (titan Goddess of sun and light)
-Coeus (titan god of oracle, wisdom, and foresight)
-Phoebe (titan Goddess of prophecy and intellect)
-Crius (titan god of constellations)
-mnemosyne (titan Goddess of memory)
-Iapetus (titan god of mortal life or god of death)
-themis (titan Goddess of law, order, and justice)
-cronos (titan God of time)
-Rhea (titan Goddess of Fertility)