Chapter 60 - Testarossa vs Mother Serpent

"Milady would not be happy about this..." Merlin frowned as he fired another spell toward the several enemies ganging up on him. Surrounding him, the students that he was so proud of were slowly dying. Only around fifteen of them remain alive, albeit barely.

"Force Transfer." Merlin invoked a spell that brought all of his students near him. "Recovery Dome." He then used holy magic to heal them and recover their stamina.

"Master, what should we do? Their numbers never decrease no matter how we try!" One of his students asks if they help protect the injured and still recovering.

"Have faith in Milady, she is currently already dealing with the source." Merlin tried to alleviate the low morale of his students. Certainly, they are surrounded by not just human-sized snakes, there seem to be small dragons and multi-headed dogs as well mixed in for some reason.

"Do not lose faith, use holy magic to smite this monstrosity." Merlin used his staff fired a Holy Cannon and swiped his staff diagonally spreading the attack.

The recovered students got into position and used the magic they were all proficient at.

"No metamorphosis magic! You might get mistaken for the enemy."

"Icicle lance," The attack stabbed through the brain of a small dragon, dropping down to the ground.

"Firestorm," a whirlwind of fire was coming forward to the pact of multi-headed dogs and were chasing them.

"Liquefaction," The ground started to water, and the dogs were stuck in place. Eventually, the flames caught up to them and they were burned alive.

"Maintain your position, switch up if you don't have any more mana. Pray to our lord to recover!"

Meanwhile, a few kilometers away from their position.

Testarossa and the demon child she was always with were fighting a half-woman half-snake monster.

"Shashasha, give it up. My children are endless and persistent." The monster Echidna proclaimed as she created more monsters.

She was only about the size of an average woman, with the snake's lower half the only thing unusual about her and the snake's hair. She was surrounded by four dragons who were all protecting her from any attack.

"Oh my, I don't think giving up is an option, unfortunately." Testarossa fired off a Death streak attack right above Echidna.

The monsters that were rushing everywhere all stopped in their place before dying on the spot silently like they were forced to sleep by magic, an eternal sleep that destroyed even the souls of its target.

"Oh?" Testarossa was surprised, to say the least, that the dragons covering Echidna were still alive and normal. "That's new."

"Shashasha! Do you think your magic can affect my favorite children? They have my blessing as the mother of monsters!" Echidna laughed inside the encirclement, the dragons were all tough. They had scales as hard as or even harder than some legendary armor. Their resilience in protecting their mother was commendable if nothing else.

Additionally, they were blessed by Echidna with her life manipulation that helped them survive Testarossa's Death Streak.

Testarossa looked at the demon child with her, he nodded his head and moved forward close to the dragons.

Immediately, the dragons fired their breath to chase away the threat to their mother. And yet, he continued to enrage them and circle them several times.

"If force death won't work," Testarossa got close without the dragons' notice, in her hand was an abyss core. "Then destruction it is." The abyss core was turned into a nuclear flame that burnt everything near them all.