Chapter 31 - Expedition Montage

Inside the mansion of Rimuru.

Rimuru, Velgrynd, Lait, Enki, and Siren are all sitting in the living room. they are currently talking about how they will do their work.

"How many do we have?" Rimuru asked the two former spirit lords.

"We currently have a total of 1,780 people to work with," Enki announced. As a follow-up Siren spoke. " the casualties from the sirens were 65, with about 13 of those coming from the investigation of the water world. for the enkis that were on the front line, it was a bigger damage than with the sirens with more than double the numbers, 155 casualties from the recent battle."

"hm, that's a bigger number than what I'd expect" Rimuru reacted as he was in deep thought, not noticing the two flinching at his words.

""W-we are very sorry!"" the two said in unison, their master's words dug deep into their mind. what 'he expect' meaning they didn't meet that expectation. with that in mind, they swear that they'll pursue to be much stronger and train their subordinates.

"It's fine." Rimuru simply said waving his hand.

"Anyway, I've talked with Veldanava about what to do with the worlds. To him, they are just prototypes to make the perfect world. In this case, the cardinal world. So he doesn't mind if we wreck them accidentally or with good reasons. Truthfully he doesn't care, all he wants is to have someone else deal with this stuff." Rimuru just sighed as he recalled their talk.

'hey Veldanava, is it fine if some of the worlds get damaged or destroyed? I mean there is a lot of them, I doubt it would make a difference if some get wiped out, right?' 

'hm? You're actually taking it seriously? i-i mean of course! if you damage some, I wouldn't mind hahaha' 

'oy...'

' look at the time, I got to go!' 

"I can vouch for that." Velgrynd raised her hand. "He never mentioned them before, nor did I notice him even giving them a glance. I first heard them, when a gate appeared in the cardinal world. And when Rimuru first arrived."

"That's true, Veldanava-sama never mention them, at least not when I am around," Lait added. 

"Hey, surely this is not him kicking me out right? by making me busy. Because he doesn't want to deal with me." Rimuru concluded with a frown. the others frowned as well, especially Velgrynd who was supposed to be Rimuru's assigned watcher in case he does something bad. 'probably....' she confirmed in her mind. 

"Speaking of people getting kicked out, Where is Jahil?" Velgrynd said trying to change the subject. 

"Still in his facility doing research, I doubt we could have him watch over some worlds with how much he focuses on his research," Rimuru commented.

"Maybe give him some reward or motivation?" Lait tried suggesting. "like for example letting him in that sacred library of yours for a day." 

"or closed up his facility if he doesn't work," Enki added, with Siren nodding her head. 

"That's actually a good idea." Rimuru agreed with both of their suggestions.

"Anyway back on topic, here all of you get one." Rimuru placed five keys on the table. Everyone looked at them and took one each. Rimuru took the last one and started to explain.

"My new skill allows me to manifest these keys." Rimuru presented. "These keys allows the user to specifically open a gate to this universe, where we are right now. No need for built in Gates to use." 

Rimuru then took a lock and placed it on the table for everyone to look at. "this one, similar to the key is made from my skill, it allows you to close gates without me needing to go there. it would then transform into a key allowing you to go to the location you closed off."