Chapter 32 - Mass Recruitment

Decades have passed since they started their jobs.

"We have a serious problem on our hands!" Shouted Rimuru as he had everyone in the room present.

"What's this about?" Velgrynd asked as she leaned on the table.

The others listened in, wanting to know as well.

"I've never actually realized the absolute difference between a universe and a world. I always used them interchangeably and synonymously." He breathed a deep sigh.

"I used them in the wrong way that I forgot their difference. A world is just a planet, a universe is the vast space that is where the planet resides." Rimuru explained while massaging his forehead.

"And? That's obvious, so what now." Velgrynd asked looking confused.

"That's the thing, it never said that only one planet can fit in one universe actually since the universe is so vast it would be more surprising to only have one world."

"I see." Lait muttered as she realized what Rimuru is trying to say.

"Y-you don't mean.." Siren soon followed and realized as well.

"What is it? I don't get it?" Enki asked whispering to Siren.

"That would mean, there is an unknown amount of worlds in just one universe..." Velgrynd said bitterly as she realizes herself.

Veldanava did mention that he made more than a thousand universes. But never mentioned how many worlds planet each of them had.

"I only realized this since some of the worlds have a similar feel to them. When I look into it, they came from the same universe." Rimuru said.

"Should we ask Big Brother? How many worlds there are I mean." Velgrynd suggested as a means to have an accurate information on the subject.

"He won't be able to tell us an accurate number." Lait responded.
"Veldanava-sama said it himself that some worlds are made by beings that he brought to certain universes. And like plants and animals, planets could be created/born naturally."

"Then we're overseeing an unknown number of worlds? How many have be mark anyway?" Velgrynd asked looking at Siren.

"We currently have more than 50,000 worlds in our Halls. We have asked the dwarves of the Cardinal world to create more buildings to store more worlds." Lait stood up and explained.

"But if this information is true, how many Halls can we create to actually fit them all. In fact how can we know if it's even a finite number." Enki voiced out.

"For now let's take a break and think it through, currently most of the worlds near the surroundings have started to calm down. And the chances of gates opening regularly is almost null." Rimuru said looking at the faces of everyone in the room.

"We'll just have to continue our work like we normally do."

'or so I say, but this is impossible! More than 50,000 worlds! We only have around 2,000 people here, and that's including the casualties that haven't been revive yet.

We so lack the numbers to actually do something about this situation, if we just have more people.

More people.. MORE PEOPLE!

That's it!!!'

"why don't we start recruiting people into our group." Everyone looked at Rimuru who voiced this suggestion.

"Rec.. ruiting Rimuru-sama? Is it not dangerous?" Asked Lait. Of course what she meant is letting someone who is not our subordinate to join and hold a large responsibility.