Chapter 35 - Noir's Test & Reunion

It's been one year since Enki, Siren, and Lait formed and introduce their new subordinates that are all under Rimuru. He is currently sitting on the couch of their living room. 

"It just doesn't feel right..." Rimuru muttered to himself. He leaned his back and looked up with his right arm stretched out. Counting with his arm slowly.

"Sirens (water spirit), Enki (fire spirit), and Angel (light spirit). With their subordinates, Aqua sprites(Water), Cherufe(Fire), and Holy Angel(Light) all we need is wind and earth to complete the four elements. But we could think about that for later, the problem is Demon! (Dark Spirit)"

Rimuru stood up from the couch and shouted to no one, currently the others are out doing their work and it was Rimuru's break time. 

"Earth and Wind can come later, what we need are demons to balance out what we have! water and fire balance each other, but light doesn't have anything that can balance it here."

The next day he called the others for a short meeting. "And that's why I'll recruit some demons from the Spiritual World."

Velgrynd looked at him suspiciously. "Okay, and the real reason?"

"The aesthetic balance is ruined without any demons to match with the newly hired Holy Angels." Rimuru explained with a serious tone.

"That's it?"

"I mean increasing our number is always good right?"

"Rimuru sometimes you resemble my brother whenever you do something out of  impulse." Velgrynd looked away from Rimuru and sighed.

"I agree with Velgrynd-sama." Lait agreed with Velgrynd. "Though I believe recruiting to increase our numbers is always welcome!" She hurriedly added after seeing her master's slight gloomy expression.

"Rimuru-sama can do as he wishes, we only follow." Siren stated, Enki beside her nodded.

With the meeting continuing discussing who should Rimuru recruit and how many, Rimuru went to the spiritual world right after.

As soon as he arrived, he saw several demons came and attacked him.

"How nostalgic, lesser demons who are just born coming to pick a fight." Rimuru said smiling as he kills those that came towards him. Soon the others started to run away.

"Guess I should start recruiting now." Rimuru rubbed his hands together as he flew through the area.

After days of searching, his found a few demons that has caught his attention. 

Hundred greater demons and ten Archdemons. These are all that he was able to find these pass days. He politely(forcefully) asked(threatened) them to obey his command. They follow him as he search for others.

While hunting down demons Rimuru stopped as he was about to finish the demon that his holding. he turned to look at the demon that caught his attention.

"How long has it been Noir." 

"It has been a while huh?" A demon with black hair with streaks of red and gold. Golden eyes that see through your innermost being. The Primodial demon Noir.

"Can I help you with something?" Rimuru asked Noir tilting his head.

"I heard from the others that you got yourself a name. I just wanted to confirm personally." Noir said calmly, though his demeanor seems to be more somber than the usual Noir, Rimuru notice.

"Yeah I got named, it was Veldanava who did. Rimuru was the name I was given, is that all Noir?" Rimuru asked as he answered Noir's question. 

"Rimuru... I see..." Noir's expression tense up a little before returning to his calm expression.