Chapter 41 - Great Spirits

"Enki-sama." a siren called, as she saw Enki passing through the hallways of the Gates. 

"Hm? What is it?" Enki asked as he  turned.

"Siren-sama has requested some assistance to investigate the newly discovered Universe Primeval." 

"And she asked for me?" Enki pointed at himself confuse.

"Yes, it would seem she does not want to bother the others as they are all busy with their duties." The siren answered.

Enki covered his face with his right hand. "And yet she can bother me.." Enki complained as he let the siren guide him to the gate. 

The siren didn't join him, as he passes through the gate with Siren waiting for him with her arms crossed.

"What took so long." 

"Nothing, just don't abruptly call me like this again." Enki said. "So what's the problem here?"

Normally everyone would just mind their own jobs and not bother anyone, as all of them have their own duties to take care of. Enki and Siren especially are at the forefront of the expedition and investigation teams to uncharted areas. 

"Keep quiet and listen." Siren said as she closed her eyes, Enki was confused but copied her.

"#### ####"

A weird sound could be heard from all directions, the sound is calling onto both Enki and Siren.

"...!" Enki opened his eyes wide, "What was that!"

"I don't know myself," Siren admitted as she continues to listen. "It seems it's not only me, you could hear it too." 

"What do you mean?" Enki asked as he eyes her. 

Siren opens her eyes and looked at him. "The other sirens and enkis don't hear it." She explains. "I even called some of the Holy Angels and Demons and even they couldn't hear it."

"So you're saying it specifically calls us?" Enki pointed at the two of them.

"Maybe, or maybe those with higher level of strength. I couldn't bother the others like Apollyon-san and Mitzrael-san for something like this. Gamaliel-san is always with Lait-sama and I don't want to bother the Primordial Demons." Siren shrugs as she explains.

"Then what should we do? should we wait for Rimuru-sama or investigate it now?" Enki asked.

"It doesn't seem hostile, it just seems to call us." Siren thought about the situation. "Let's investigate it, but leave a report about it first and bring someone incase fighting does happen." 

Enki nodded and they left the Primeval Universe to report what they found.

They gave a report to Lait, she took it and read through it as the two watched. She looks towards them as she continues to read the report. 

It states in the report that in Primeval Universe that was just recently discovered, a sound could be heard trying to invite/attract both Siren and Enki. The others don't seem to hear the sound and only the two of them do. 

They request for permission to investigate the sound and ask for support incase fighting occurs.  

"How much support do you need?" Lait placed the report down and asked the two.

"We would like to have at least someone strong enough, who can immediately report for reinforcement if a problem occur." Siren answered. 

"More on quality.." Lait said, she looks towards Gamaliel. "Have Blanc and Apollyon come with them as well as a hundred enkis and sirens."