Chapter 55 - Rematch with the Great Spirits

Rimuru walked passed the gate with Runa and Agni following behind.

Behind them, Velgrynd and Velzard also came to watch the result of their students' thousand-year training.

Spirits of fire and water elements filled the void of space, with most of them being as strong as Ifrit class spirits and the powerful ones having the strength of S-minus.

A rank that Agni and Runa only managed to overcome after being named by Rimuru.

Both of their expression did not show fear for what was to come. Rimuru after all wasn't the only one that wanted them to have a rematch.

They also wanted to clean up their names as well as the name of their lord and master.

Not to mention, their trainer, the one who showed them how powerful they can be will also be watching them fight.

If they feel fear from these spirits then they aren't worth anything. Even to themselves, they would admit to be useless trash.

Once the spirits noticed their arrival, they didn't attack them. Instead, they started to move towards the great spirits. Seemingly guiding them towards their master.

And with Rimuru's group following them, they arrived in front of the Great Spirits.

The Sun and the Water planet with an orbital moon.

The Great spirit of Fire and Water.

"Welcome again, oh Overseer of the Multiverse." a voice echoed in their minds, it originated from the sun.

Its tone welcoming an old visitor, with a hint of amusement from noticing Agni and Runa behind Rimuru.

"My~, not only the Scorch Dragon. Even the Frost Dragon has come to meet us." Water spoke with a somewhat please tone.

Unlike Fire that immediately looked for the two. Water's attention was captured by the two siblings of their creator. Scorch Dragon Velgrynd that it has already met, and Frost Dragon Velzard that they are meeting for the first time.

"So you two are the Great Spirits that Velgrynd talked about." Velzard spoke and scanned the two, her eyes flicker towards the moon for a bit before ignoring it.

She sensed their strength, in terms of quality. They could still be rank as one of the strongest in the Cardinal World.

"This is them weakened, oh my." Velzard placed a hand to her cheek. "They must have been at least our level in their heyday, right Velgrynd?"

The white haired dragon turned to her sister.

Her statement was if anything else completely factual. Whether intending it to be a compliment can be left to those who hear it.

"Yeah, I'm confident in defeating them now. But if it was in the past, and in their prime. Even I'm not confident in my ability to take them on." Velgrynd admitted, although with a hint of irritation.

Rimuru smiled at their interaction, of course for Rimuru. He could also defeat the two in front of him right now. But in their prime? Even he'll admit that, that is impossible.

At least without proper preparations and sacrifices Rimuru grinned.

"To be praise by two True Dragons, isn't today a joyous one Fire?" Water happily told, you could almost imagine a person saying it while smiling all happily swaying from right to left.

"Indeed," Even Fire had to admit, being praised by them when they are not in their prime is something to be proud of. "Not only that, the challengers have returned stronger than before."