Chapter 48 - Names

"Kufufufu well then Rimuru-sama," Noir walked towards them and bowed. "As per ordered I have completely charted the entire Orient Universe and recruited suitable pawns to operate."

"Impressive less than two hundred years," Rimuru clapped his hands, with Jahil and Lilith joining in.

"Jahil," Rimuru turned to him. "We'll have to postpone the operation a few years from now."

"Got it boss," Jahil nodded.

Rimuru plans to keep his word and name Noir, however with the potential loss of strength. Rimuru doesn't want to consecutively name others.

"Let's see," Rimuru trailed of. What was the name I gave him back then?

"Noir," Rimuru stood up from his seat with a serious expression.

"Yes!" Noir kneeled to the ground with his right hand to his chest.

"For being the first one to finish you're task, and for staying loyal to me even in another time frame. I give you the name you're all too familiar with."

"Diablo"

"I thank you Rimuru-sama!" Diablo teared a bit as magic started to coil around his body.

"Heh, he actually took 20% of my magicules." Rimuru sat back down, sudden decrease of his strength has given him slight dizziness.

"By the way boss," Jahil said as he pours Rimuru a glass. "What will you do if your powers don't recover?" It is a well known fact that naming has the danger of permanently losing ones strength. It would both be idiotic and suicidal to name a lot of people if any at all. 

"We have some prisoners that we captured remember?" Rimuru drank as he answered, he smirked. "Also I still have a lot of orbs filled with Veldanava's magicules. Though, a few of them are being used as power source for the facilities." 

"So that's why you had them captured instead of killed," Jahil recalled all of the dangerous S-minus beings currently being held in the Citadel's prison. 

As they continue their talk Diablo finally emerge from the cocoon of magicules. "Kufufufu Ah~ How nostalgic, this power, this body." Diablo hugged his body creepily as he continues to mutter to himself. 

With Diablo's return, years went by and it was finally time for the real modification of the Insects. 

"Are you two ready?" Rimuru asked as he looked at the Beetle and Bee as they stand inside the facility of Jahil. 

"Rimuru-sama need not worry," Spoke the Beetle. "We will be stronger to serve you Milord."

"Yes, we are prepared!" Cheered the Bee happily as it flies around Rimuru. 

Jahil and Lilith are waiting in the room. The insects went inside their respective capsules for the modification. They were tied down with durable leather skinned from strong monsters. The capsule itself was made with mithril metal to contain the two incase of going berserk.

"All bodily functions are normal," Lilith announced as she watched over their health. "All procedures are ready as well." She signal Jahil who nodded. 

"Well then," Jahil looked at Rimuru, He nodded and switch the machine. "Starting!"

The capsule was seen filled with liquid, this liquids are not like the ones used for the spirits filled with magicules. This liquid is actually healing potions, full potions to be exact. There is a reason for this change in content. 

"Starting bone modification!" Jahil announced, the end part of the capsules started to open revealing a couple of mechanical arms. Each one is either a knife or an injection in form.