Chapter 65 - Caution and Carelessness

In the center of Citadel, all of the relevant people are gathered in a very large room. From Rimuru, Velgrynd, Lait and her angels, Agni and Runa, the primordials with their Arcanas, Jahil, and Lilith were all inside, with the higher ranked ones sitting down and the rest standing behind their respective places.

"So far, we managed to kill how many of those snakes?" Rimuru leaned on his right hand which was placed above the table, his demeanor was serious and the surrounding tense. 

Lait who was beside him stood up, " 6 confirmed, Zegion's, Ultima's, Carrera's, Mine, Agni's, and Rimuru-sama's opponents were serpents that were killed, we have not seen the others, but we could speculate the rest of the enemy that were powerful to be the rest of the serpents." 

Carrera and Ultima had a smirk plastered on their faces as they looked at both Diablo and Testarossa, as the two had their enemies escape. "If only you two could have killed yours as well," Ultima commented with a mocking tone, with Carrera supporting her. 

"Kufufufu, unlike you two who only barely think things through, I let mine go." Diablo countered as the two scowl on the insult directed at them. 

"Liar! Trying to make excuses just cause you let yours escape," 

"Yeah! you probably enjoyed playing again and let your guard down!"

As the three primordials kept bickering, Merlin and the demon child beside him were both looking at their master, the white primordial, thinking to themselves why she wasn't participating in the squabbles, especially since she also let her opponent escape. 

"Stop," A heavy and clear utterance of the word made the three demons froze in place, slowly turning their faces to the origin of the voice was Rimuru. "I'm not really in the mood for this... quarel, just keep the discussion going with no unnecessary comments." 

They all nodded their heads and silently returned to their seats, keeping quiet, with their bodies even shaking a little. They know that Rimuru is a lenient master, but he wasn't someone who won't kick anyone out, sure Agni and Runa were given a second chance, but it was a mix of circumstances like the great spirits, having a chance to gain more powerful subordinates, and setting an example to the others. 

With the demons clearly seeing this as an example, whether Rimuru planned this to be one is unknown to anyone but Rimuru himself. No one knows if they would be given a second chance if they fail, that is why they are scared that with his bad mood, they might have sealed their fate. 

Meanwhile, Testarossa turned to her subordinates with her eyes stating that's why, as if she knew her subordinates were questioning her lack of participation on the argument.  

"Right, we believe that someone on their side has an ability similar to Rimuru-sama, that is the only explanation we could conclude with how they manage to even attack this place. Especially with jumping through universes, we even have witnesses of this happening for everyone." Lait listed down. 

"Do you think it's really an ability?" Lilith raised her hand, "I mean, I can't make it but what if its technology or an artifact?" She shrugs as she raise her hands. "Just adding, can't leave any stones unturned." 

"That's true, it is either a similar ability or an artifact that can jump through universes." Jahil pondered deep in thought, "Though, I haven't seen or heard of such an artifact before, we can speculate for the most part that this is an ability." To which Lilith nodded her head. 

"As we had already discussed how they managed to come here and attack us, we should think up some countermeasures." Rimuru started, "The limitation of my ability was that if I didn't know the exact location, it'll take some time before I could find and create a gate to the universe. We can use this as reference for now since we don't have any basis, only that it may be something similar to my ability."