Chapter 14 - Scorch Dragon's Argument

"Why did you do that?"

Veldanava was stunned.

Argent was just wiped out without a trace. And, it was done by his sister, the scorch dragon Velgrynd.

Veldanava wasn't really angry. He knew Argent can be revived. But still, he was surprised of Velgrynd's action.

Looking to his side, he can see Lait preparing to attack Velgrynd. Her whole body was quivering. Holding off her anger. Veldanava prayed she wouldn't attack her.

"why you ask?" said Velgrynd "Obviously, because I'm not interested in getting a partner."

Huh? Partner? What does that mean?

"What do you mean Velgrynd? What is this about a partner?" asked Veldanava.

"Obviously about the demon earlier. You said the name was Argent right? I'm not interested in having him as a partner."

"wait, wait, who said anything about you being his partner. I never did, and I doubt anyone else would."

" *sigh* Brother.... It was very obvious. Let's state some facts, this Argent is a demon correct?"

"Yes?"

"Is he primordial?"

"Well... Yes"

"You gave him a job?"

"Yes"

Veldanava continues to confirm the facts that were stated by Velgrynd. As he continues to confirm, he already realized where this conversation is going too.

"So a primordial demon that you met, has been given a job by you brother. And, is meeting up with another True Dragon (Velgrynd) that you (Veldanava) planned to introduce to each other."

"....Yes"

"Are you getting there yet? Doesn't this event seem awfully familiar? Maybe deja vu?"

".... " Veldanava was left speechless. The situation was similar to meeting up with Guy, whether he admits it or not.

".. But I never said anything to Velzard that she should partner up with Guy. That was her own choice."reasoned Veldanava.

Velgrynd looked at Veldanava and sighed. Exasperated to the words that left the mouth of her brother.

" Brother... You can't fool me. Guy and big sister only met because you introduced them to each other. They often meet up because of situations that you set up. Did you forget? You asked me to help a few times as well. You know how big sister feels about you and wants to be acknowledged by you. And yet, you often look in Guy's direction to make her target switch from you to Guy. Honestly I kept quiet because, I wasn't involve and now this happens." explained Velgrynd.

" Wait, don't phrase it like I'm some evil manipulator! I was just introducing them to each other to give  them both people they can treat as equal. While I admit, I was planning on having Velzard support Guy, I never planned for the two to be partners. The plan in my head was, Velzard will help from time to time." defended Veldanava.

Pointing her finger to Veldanava.

"So you admit it, that you were planning to set me up with that demon from earlier. To have me befriend him and help him if he gets in trouble." 

"Well... I mean, there are a lot of strong beings out there that only true dragons can defeat.... It's just insurance. Argent isn't even on Guy's level yet so he needs it." said Veldanava.

Argent is now a primordial demon. But that barely changes his current strength level. He is still an Archdemon, he is still weaker than guy. Although, strength wise he should be at around top of class 5.