Chapter 44 - Insect Experiments

"So, you want me to help them?" Velgrynd said as she and Rimuru talked in his office. It has been only been an hour after their talk with the Primordial Spirits of Fire and Water. 

"Yes," Rimuru confirmed. "I can't really support their training as this is their punishment.." 

"I guess I could for Enki, but what about for Siren?" Velgrynd asked confused, she might be able to help Enki who is a fire spirit but not a water spirit like Siren. Then she realizes something, she looks towards Rimuru. "Do you want sister's help with her?" 

"If you could persuade her if possible, I'll try with Rain-tan as well. She specializes in water magic." Rimuru said thinking of persuading Rain with the alcohol he'll bring.

Velgrynd taught for a bit, then she recalls her sister's words. Do I like Rimuru... she thought as she stares at Rimuru, who was mulling over his plans.

"Something wrong?" Rimuru noticed her stare and asked. 

"I-If I help in this plan, I want a favor from you." Velgrynd said with a bit of hesitance. 

"Favor?" Rimuru tilted his head, "Sure, what do you want?" Rimuru asked as he agreed.

You, I think? The words almost left her mouth, "I-it's been a while since we last went out to investigate worlds ourselves." Velgrynd stutters as she thinks what the hell does she plan to do.

"I was thinking, we could both investigate a world together. Just like with Shenzou Universe, planet C24 before..." 

"Ah, you mean like with Fuxi and Nuwa." Rimuru recalled the first universe they went together. "So you want to do those kinds again?" 

"Yes, something like that." Velgrynd nodded shyly. 

Rimuru didn't have to think hard. "I don't see why not, let's do it some time in the future." He said to Velgrynd with a smile. 

Velgrynd involuntarily smiled as well, "Then I'll talk to them about training." Velgrynd stood before leaving with a happy mood.

Rimuru watched her leaving, once the door closed he sighed and lean on his chair. "This is Velzard's fault, planting ideas in my head." He was recalling their conversation and about Velgrynd with the possibility of having feelings for him. 

A knock was heard on the door. "Rimuru-sama may I come in?" Noir's voice could be heard from the other side. 

"Guess let's leave it to future Rimuru." He sighed "Come in Noir." 

Noir bowed "Yes Rimuru-sama. Jahil-sama would like to talk to you about your requested experimentation with the Insects." 

Rimuru stood up, "I see, good work." He walked towards the facility with Noir following behind him.

"How are the Insects training going?" Rimuru asked as they walked.

"Kufufufu as expected by Rimuru-sama, they show potential to be rivals to us Primordial Demons." Noir explained. "Especially the Beetle, though they require a big trigger for evolution. Naming might trigger evolution, but not to their highest potential."

Rimuru nodded, "And that's why we're doing experimentation on test subjects." 

"Does Rimuru-sama plan on naming them?" Noir asked.

"Hm? Maybe in the future when experimentations are successful, why? jealous?" Rimuru grinned looking at Noir who froze.

"Of course not Rimuru-sama, just by being able to serve you is a great honor. To ask for more would be blasphemous!" Noir said quickly denying Rimuru's words.