5

EMERY FOUND OUT that Klaus was somewhat possessing Alaric's body. He revealed so at the dance when he killed Bonnie who didn't actually die— but Klaus had no idea about that. He thought that she was dead and that was what the scooby gang wanted him to believe.

Anyway, Emery was hanging out with the Salvatores when Stefan found out that Jenna was alone at her house with Klaus which was how both Emery and Stefan found themselves rushing there.

The last thing she wanted was for Jenna to get hurt. Emery didn't bother knocking as she swung the door open since it was where she lived.

Stefan also stepped inside and stared at Jenna who was standing at the door, "Hey, Jenna. Thank you so much for not going to the Grill."

"Um, Stefan—" Jenna tried to speak but Stefan interrupted, "— no, listen. I can explain."

She looked over Stefan's shoulder which made both Emery and Stefan do the same only to find Klaus who was still in Alaric's body standing there, "hi, Stefan, Emery. How's it going?"

Emery and Stefan shared a look before Klaus flashed her a smile, "you know, I've decided to follow your advice."

"What adv—" Emery asked only to cut herself off as realisation hit her like a ton of bricks, "—oh. No, no don't—"

"— Why not? It was great. Thank you for giving me this wonderful idea," Klaus flashed her a smirk, "this is on you."

"What's going on?" Jenna asked only to get ignored as Klaus motioned for them to come to the kitchen along with Jenna where he began chopping some food while the three watched him with different feelings through them,

"You know, I find chopping— calming," Klaus began, staring at the knife in his hand, "the feeling of the blade in the hand, maybe."

Jenna's eyes flickered from person to person in the room, "I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what the hell's going on."

"Well, would you like to tell her, Stefan?" He turned to the witch, "Emery? or should I?"

"Tell me what?"

"Do you believe in vampires, Jenna?" Klaus asked the only non supernatural being in the room, "no?" Jenna only shot him a look making him let out a small laugh, "well, who does, right? But believe it or not, they do have a place in our history. And as a history teacher, I find them fascinating."

"Why are we talking about this?" Jenna asked with a look of confusion on her face.

"Well, you've been angry with me for keeping secrets, and this is one of my secrets. I'm obsessed with vampires," Klaus said, giving Emery a sheepish smile, "there! I said it. Thank Emery for that, she advised me."

"We get it," Emery muttered harshly under her breath, "no need to rub it in every time."

"Are you joking?" Jenna asked, furrowing her brows.

"Not at all," Klaus replied before turning his attention to the other two, "how about you two? Are you two a fan of vampires?"

"In literature," Stefan was quick to say, "Bram Stoker. It's dense, but I appreciate it."

Klaus hummed, looking at Emery, "what about you, love? What do you think of vampires?" When the girl ignored him, his lips twitched up, "did you know that vampires are the oldest creatures of the night? Except for werewolves, of course."

"Werewolves," Jenna repeated with a small laugh, "werewolves. Now I know you're joking."

Emery and Stefan exchanged a look at that, both on edge.

"You know, I've read that there's an Aztec curse on both species that keeps werewolves slaves to the Moon and vampires bound by the Sun. Isn't that right, Stefan?" Klaus turned to Stefan, "you know, they say these creatures would do anything to have this curse broken and that they wouldn't care who they had to kill to do it. Am I not right?" Klaus asked as he glanced at Emery, making Jenna looked at him, alarmed.

**

EMERY, KLAUS, JENNA AND STEFAN were sitting at the table, their food that Klaus made oh so generously was placed in front of them. However, none of them had touched it.

"Oh, I know this all sounds so crazy, but—" Klaus paused, "—vampires are real. Would you care for some more wine?" He then got up in an attempt to go get more wine for Jenna who also stood up, having enough of everything, "get out."

"Excuse me?"

"I don't know what it is you're trying to do or why you're saying these things, but—" Jenna was cut off by Klaus, "Jenna—"

"— I said get out!" Jenna repeated in a loud tone making both Emery and Stefan get up as well. Stefan glared at the original, "you heard her."

"Just get out before things get further out of hand." Emery added to which Klaus smirked, "I'm afraid I don't want to."

"Fine! I'll go." Jenna said and started to leave but was stopped by Klaus who picked up a knife from the kitchen counter, "you're not going anywhere."

Stefan grabbed him and pushed him against the wall with his vampire speed and then snatched the knife from him, putting it to his throat.

"Stefan!" Jenna shouted, her eyes widening at the sight.

"Jenna, get out of here now!" Stefan shouted back. "Em, get her out of here!"

"You can't kill me, Stefan." Klaus said with a taunting smile making Stefan push him further against the wall, "watch me!"

"Stefan!" Jenna shouted again. This time, Emery walked towards her and grabbed her hand, "let's go."

"But—" Jenna was cut off by the witch who began dragging her towards the door, "— we'll explain later."

"But Em, I—" Jenna cut herself off at the pleading look she was getting from the young girl. Sighing, she gave her a nod before walking out the door.

"I may not have a witch protecting me today, but if you kill this body, what's to stop me from choosing Jenna as my next one?" Klaus asked, a smirk playing at his lips showing how much he was enjoying this.

"God, you're really annoying." Emery mumbled as she walked back towards them.

"I get that a lot. Kill me," Klaus stated, "just remind Elena how easy it will be for me to get my revenge if she tries to stop me from breaking this curse." Stefan then punched him in the face and once Klaus was on the floor, he kicked him in the stomach. He then threw the knife on the floor and walked out the door, thinking that the witch was following him out.

Klaus looked at Emery and gave her a smile despite his state, "mind helping me up, love?"

"I'm sure you don't need help," she replied, staring at him curiously, "you're weird."

"How am I weird?" Klaus asked, lying on the floor as he stared at her with his brows furrowed in curiosity. "You're the one speaking to me given the fact that I could kill you in a matter of seconds."

"I'm not scared of you," Emery rolled her eyes, "I can't believe Stefan left me here." She turned around and began walking towards the door. Once she was outside, she saw Stefan walking away, "so much for being friends. Stefan! Wait for me you mindless little piece of shit—"

"— I'm right here!" Stefan shouted back as he vamp sped back towards her, giving her a look, "I thought you were following me."

"Whatever," she muttered, smiling at him when he threw an arm around her shoulder as they approached Jenna who was standing a few feet away from the house. "We gotta take her to the Boarding house and give her an explanation."