61

THE LINKING SPELL went faster than Emery thought it would. The process was a smooth and quick one— all they did was let a couple of drops of their blood in a bowl and then she used her magic to do the spell. Although it weakened her a little, she hadn't felt the familiar pain so that was a good sign.

"So how do you feel?" Klaus asked, his voice lower than usual. Surprisingly, throughout the entire process, he didn't question anything she did and did whatever she told him to which even Emery herself found weird.

"Fine."

"You always say that you're 'fine'," Klaus muttered with a small roll of his eyes, "I want an accurate answer."

"Better."

He narrowed his eyes at her, "so that's it then? You will no longer be affected by the curse?"

"No," Emery chuckled, "that's not how it works. I'm still cursed, I'll still grow weak every damn time I use my magic. The curse is still there— it just won't kill me. Yet."

"So all we did is delay the inevitable?"

"Something like that," she muttered, sighing, "it's all right. What matters is that I won't be dying anytime soon. That's what we wanted."

"No," the hybrid took a step closer, "what I want is for you to not die. Ever."

"That's sort of impossible."

"Is it?" He raised his brows suggestively earning her a shake of her head. "No, I'm not going to let you turn me. I have no intention on being a vampire, thank you very much."

"Why not?"

"Because," she paused, "I'll lose my magic. You can't be both a witch and a vampire."

"That magic is what's killing you in the first place," Klaus pointed out, "what's the use of having it if you cannot use it?"

"It's part of who I am."

"If it comes to it," he began, holding her stare to take in her reaction for what he was about to say. "If it comes to the point where you're on the verge of dying and there's no other way to save you, I will turn you."

"I—"

"— No," he cut her off before she could argue, "I'm not giving you a choice. This is a promise. I don't care if you don't want that, we can argue about it once you come back to life. I want forever with you. And If you want the same, you'll say yes to it right now."

"Fine."

"Fine?"

"Yeah, okay," she cleared her throat, "you can turn me if I'm about to die like die die. I happen to want forever with you too, as you put it."

"You'd better," the hybrid raised his hand to place it on the side of her neck, "I don't do well with rejections. I mean, who in their right mind would reject me?"

"The better question is," her own hands reached up to him as she locked them behind his neck, drawing closer, "who in their right mind wouldn't reject you?"

"Well, for one," he lowered his head, his lips brushing hers as he whispered, "there's you. But then again, you're not exactly what I'd call sane."

"Look who's talking."

"I never said I was sane," he took her lower lip in between his teeth and pulled softly, "I'm not."

"No shit."

He groaned, looking at her with dilated pupils and half hooded eyes. He dragged his eyes to her lips as he slowly traced it with the pad of his thumb, "this mouth of yours is going to get you into trouble one day, love."

"What kind of trouble?"

"The kind that will have you bent over—"

"— Oh my god!" A voice interrupted them making the two snap their heads towards the door to find the familiar blonde vampire standing there, her eyes wide and her hands clasped in front of her mouth. "I'm so sorry, I knocked but you two were probably too busy dirty talking to hear."

Blood rushed to Emery's cheeks as she tried to step away away from Klaus but he didn't let her. Instead, he only pulled her closer, ignoring his sisters presence altogether. "What do you want?"

"Oh, nothing," Rebekah smirked, "I just wanted to see what you were up to. "And tell you that I'm heading to the bar in case something comes up. That being said," she flashed the two a smile, "you kids have fun." Then she vamp-sped away.

"I should probably—" Emery couldn't finish her sentence when Klaus leaned in again, their lips meeting in a soft and gentle kiss. Their mouths moved together in perfect sync, each movement sending shivers down their spines.

As the kiss deepened, Klaus pulled her closer making her moan softly as he explored the depths of her mouth, each touch sending electric shocks through her body. Their tongues danced together in a fiery passion, each touch igniting a flame that burned hot with desire.

As they pulled away, they were left breathless and dazed. They looked into each other's eyes, the desire in between them evident and too strong to be ignored. Klaus captured her lips again, pushing his tongue inside, one of his hand finding its way to her neck where he softly squeezed. Emery's fingers tangled themselves in his hair, tugging and pulling as he began to suck on her tongue.

"Klaus—" she gasped when both his hands made their way to the back of her thighs as he lifted her up, urging her to wrap them around his waist which she did.

"Let's go to the room," he whispered against her lips, "wouldn't want anyone to walk in on us."

༺═──────────────═༻
Yes, you've been robbed. Sorry I don't feel like writing smut for this book so I'm not gonna do it.

Jk. I wouldn't do that to you. Just wait another few hours. I have to sleep 😭