16

EMERY ENTERED SOME random motel with Klaus and Stefan, a bag strapped across her shoulders, containing her clothes and other necessary things. He had been kind enough to compel her clothes when she told him that she had nothing to wear.

They approached the receptionist who raised his brows at them but then his eyes fell on Emery and stayed there. She refrained herself from rolling her eyes when he dragged his tongue across his bottom lip, "well, hello there, beautiful. How can I help you?"

"Yeah, so—" klaus cleared his throat loudly making him snap his head to him, cowering under his harsh stare, "we're going to need three rooms."

"Three?" He repeated, fighting off a smile as he directed his stare towards Emery, "so you're single?"

"What I am is sleepy so—" she raised her brows, "— the rooms, please?"

"Right, right, of course." He stammered, ignoring the amused looks Klaus and Stefan were sending Emery as his hand reached down under the counter before he pulled out three keys, placing them in front of them. "There you go. Have a nice stay."

"Thank you," Emery muttered, grabbing one of the keys before she walked away from them, feeling her eyes heavy. She had planned on skipping dinner since she felt as if she was about to fall asleep any second.

While Stefan and Klaus went to their own room, she entered hers, locked the door behind her and tossed her bag on the bed before stepping inside the shower. Once she was done showering, she changed into fresh clothes then allowed her body to fall back on the bed, a loud exhausted sigh getting past her lips.

Soon enough, her eyes shuttered close and she found herself in a deep slumber, knowing she was about to dream of a certain someone again, like always.

**

Emery woke up to the touch of someone. Fingers trailing along her skin and a hot breath near her neck. Her brows furrowed at the sensation which made her shiver and she instantly snapped her eyes open, a small scream leaving her lips upon seeing the guy at the reception on top of her.

The guy was quick to react by placing his other hand on top of her mouth, muffling her screams. His other hand was holding her wrists above her head.

Emery struggled beneath him while he grinned at her, "hey, pretty girl. I promise this can be an enjoyable experience for both of us if you'd just... stay quiet. Do you promise so shut up if I remove my hand?"

Emery nodded instantly and he smiled before leaning down to place a kiss on her neck which made her shiver in disgust. He then removed his hand and Emery took a deep breath, composing herself.

"Now, I'll just—" he was cut off when she used her powers, throwing him off her. He went crashing against the wall, knocking down the table behind him. Emery quickly stood up, rage filling her as she clenched her jaw and stared down at the man who was now looking at her in fear.

"How the fuck did you—" again, his sentence was cut off by Emery who raised her hand forward and clenched her fist, closing his arteries as she choked him to death. The man gasped, grabbing his neck as he tried to breathe but she wouldn't let him, only clenching her fist harder.

She had no intention of stopping even though she felt herself growing weak. She did not care though, she wanted him dead. The man began choking, clawing to his neck as his eyes began closing and opening.

Just then, the door to her room swung open, revealing both Klaus and Stefan who was quick to speak, "what happened? I heard someone sc—" Stefan cut himself off once he took in the scene in front of him.

"Emery!" Stefan vamp-sped towards her to make her stop before she could kill the guy, however Klaus extended a hand, blocking him from going any further. "Let her," he mutters, pursing his lips as he watched, his eyes fixed intently on the witch who paid no attention to them whatsoever as she fisted her hand so hard in front of her, her knuckles turning white, her eyes holding nothing but fury while she led the guy in front of her to his death.

"Stop," the guy managed to speak, but Emery paid no heed. Blood began pooling from the guy's nose, mouth and ears until he fell completely on the ground, unmoving. Cold and lifeless eyes stared back at the witch who finally released a shaky exhale, dropping her hand back in front of her.

"What happened?" Stefan asked, his eyes widening in shock at the witch, as Klaus finally let him rush to her. Emery then placed both her hands on either sides of his shoulders, her head in the crook of his neck, "I— he..." she began but her words got caught up in her throat while Stefan wrapped his arms around her. "It's okay," he muttered, "you're okay."

Klaus turned to look at them, a frown appearing on his face at the dried tears on her cheeks. He clicked his tongue, looking back at the dead body on the ground, disgust overtaking his features. "Very well deserved, then."

The hybrid flickered his attention to Emery who was still in Stefan's hold, her eyes shut tightly and her hands gripping his shirt while he ran his fingers through her hair, mumbling soothing words in her ears. He clenched his jaw, knowing that he had no right to be jealous– if that was even what he was feeling at the moment.

"Stefan," Klaus began making him freeze as he looked at him, "deal with the body."

"But Em—" the hybrid cut him off, shaking his head, "— go."

Stefan clenched his jaw but said nothing as he did as he was told. He grabbed the body and vamp-sped away, leaving Klaus alone with Emery.