9

"I DON'T WANNA LOSE YOU," Emery whispered to Jenna whose eyes filled up with more tears at her words and they began falling down her face as a sob escaped her. "I'm sorry," Jenna whispered, looking at her then at Elena, "I love you both."

"That's enough," Klaus vamp sped towards her and pulled her away from her aunt while Greta put up the fire around her again. Emery stumbled on her step, gritting her teeth together at the sudden weakness she felt for using even the tiniest bit of her power.

"Hello Jenna," Klaus approached Jenna making her and Elena stand up as the doppleganger spoke up, "let her go. I understand that I have to die, but she doesn't!" She walked closer to the flames, causing them to flare up resulting in her taking a few steps back. She sat back down on the rock, lowering her head as she closed her eyes, ignoring the pounding in her head.

"Careful," Klaus muttered in amusement while Jenna looked at Elena pleadingly, "Elena, don't."

Elena shook her head, tears in her eyes, "no, Jenna! We can't leave Jeremy without a family!"

Emery frowned at her words but decided to say nothing as Elena continued to speak up, to Klaus this time, "I followed your rules; I did everything that you asked. I didn't run. Please."

Ignoring her words, Klaus looked up at the top of the quarry, knowing Stefan decided to join the party, "well, well. I don't recall you being on the guest list." Emery, Jenna and Elena look up as well, sering Stefan standing there, "I'm here to talk."

"Very well, then," Klaus looked at Jenna, briefly, then vamp-sped up to the top of the cliff, walking calmly towards Stefan, "what can I do for you, Mr. Salvatore?"

"Why's Emery here?" Stefan questioned, clenching his jaw at the original who only smirked in response, "ask your brother. She should be dead right now but I'm doing you all a favour by keeping her alive... by my side."

"What are you talking about?" Stefan asked, frowning, "she's innocent."

"She's a witch," Klaus reminded, "she can be very useful to me. Although I wonder why she hasn't used her powers yet. Care to tell me? I know there's something wrong with her. I've known it for a while now."

"It's none of your business," Stefan gritted out, knowing it wasn't his secret to share. Klaus smirked, nodding to himself, "oh, well then I suppose I'll just have to find it out from Emery herself."

Emery looked at the two conversing, hating that she was unable to hear what they were saying until she realised that her aunt was now a vampire with supernatural hearing, "you can hear them. You can hear anything. Jus– Just focus on them."

Doing as Emery told her, Jenna focused on what they were saying but she couldn't hear anything.

Meanwhile, Stefan said to Klaus, "look, you don't need to kill Jenna. I'll take her place."

"Oh, I don't know. I rather appreciate the symmetry of three women," Klaus started to walk around him, "three goddesses– Sacrificed at nature's altar."

"What are they saying?" Elena whispered to Jenna who shook her head, breathing heavily, "I can't– I can't make it out."

"You can do this. Just relax," Elena encouraged, "Focus."

Stefan turned around to face Klaus, "Don't play games with me. You'll get what you want either way."

Jenna let out a small gasp, "I can hear him. I hear Stefan."

"What are they saying?" Emery questioned, staring at her aunt hopefully.

"You're quite the hero, aren't you?" Klaus asked Stefan with a smirk, "I've heard that about you."

Stefan sighed, "Just make the trade. Me for Jenna."

Jenna's eyes widened at his words as she let out a small gasp, "oh, my god!"

"What is it?"

"He wants to take my place," Jenna responded making Elena's sad expression contorted into a horrified one as she looked up at Stefan while Emery let out a sigh.

"Elena..." Jenna looked at her oldest niece who began shaking her head, "I have to do something. This can't happen. None of it."

Just then Klaus and Stefan vamp sped down from the cliff top and approached Elena and Jenna. Stefan looked at Emery who was silent. She couldn't cry. She didn't allow herself to. She knew what was about to happen... Somehow. She knew that nobody would ever be in her life for so long. She has said goodbye to all her family members. It was time to say so to those ones too.

Klaus smirked at Elena and Jenna, "quite the predicament. You know, it's funny, all this talk about preserving family, and here's Stefan, granting your wish."

Elena shot her boyfriend a pleading look, "Stefan..."

"It's okay," Stefan reassured as Klaus pointed a stake, darting it to and from Stefan and Jenna as he raised a questioning eyebrow at Elena, "well? Who's it going to be, Elena?"

"No," Elena cried, shaking her head earning an evil smile from the original, "oh, don't worry. There's actually no choice." He vamp sped around Stefan and staked him in the back. Stefan screamed in pain and crumbled to the ground making Elena cry again, "no! Stefan! No!"

Klaus then ripped the stake out of Stefan's back, leaving a sizable chunk of wood in his back, "I have other plans for your boyfriend. I want him alive. But for now..." Without giving Elena much time to process what he was doing, Klaus snapped Stefan's neck, allowing him to fall on the ground which resulted in a gasp of shock from Elena.

The original glanced at Emery who was staring at Stefan's lifeless body on the ground. Relief flood through her when she noticed that he was only staked in the stomach so he was just unconscious.

"Whenever you're ready, Greta," Klaus turned to his witch who began chanting the next part of the spell which dispelled the ring of fire surrounding Jenna. Jenna looked on, frightened.

A teary eyed Elena screamed while Klaus walked towards Jenna, "your turn."

"No, Jenna, no!" Elena screamed again as Emery watch while Elena attempted to get to Jenna, but the fire around her flared up, making her retreat instantly.

"Klaus," Emery muttered making the original look at her questioningly, "yes?"

She stood up, feeling a wave of nausea hit her. "Let Jenna go and—" she paused, allowing her eyes to flicker from Klaus to Elena then to Jenna, "— turn me and take me instead."

"No!" Jenna was the one who shouted this time, "no, no, don't listen to her!"

"Tempting offer but—" Klaus was unable to finish his sentence as Jenna decided to vamp sped towards Greta before ferociously biting her neck. Klaus instantly rushed towards Jenna and staked her in the back, pulling her off Greta who fell on the ground while Klaus threw Jenna on the ground as well.

Emery's eyes widened as Jenna looked at her with teary eyes, knowing her time has come. She attempted to rush towards her but Greta couldn't stop herself as she surrounded her by a ring of fire as well.

"Fuck," she groaned, feeling the warmth of the fire on her skin, "let me out!"

Greta tutted and shook her head, "can't have you messing around again, sweetheart. Oh and I've momentarily disabled your powers so good luck getting out of this one."

"Go fuck yourself, you pathetic little bitch–" She glared at the witch but her attention was drifted to Jenna once she heard her cough.

"Just turn it off. Jenna," Elena whispered, "turn it off. You won't be scared anymore."

Listening to her, Jenna turned it off just before Klaus staked her earning a loud cry from Elena while Emery bit her lip and looked away. "No! Jenna! No! Jenna!" Elena continued crying as Jenna's body started to decay. Klaus then released the stake from his grasp and stood up while Jenna lied lifeless on the stone with the stake through her heart.