34

"YOU PUT a rather large kink in my plans, sweetheart," Klaus spoke to Elena as he dragged her around the school with Emery following behind. "The whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids. I haven't been able to do that. Now my bet is, it has something to do with the fact that you're still breathing."

"If you're going to kill me, just do it!"

The hybrid shook his head at the doppleganger's words, "not until I know I'm right. But I do have ways of making you suffer." With that, he opened the gym's door and pulled her inside.

Emery looked around at the few students who were there setting up pranks.

"Attention, seniors," Klaus spoke up in an american accent which had Emery roll her eyes. 'Not again,' she thought.

As if he could tell what she was thinking, his eyes darted to her and he gave her a small smirk while he continued to speak, "you have officially been busted. Prank night is over. Head on home."

The students groaned, disappointed as they began to leave. However, Klaus noticed two students and got closer to them. He dropped his fake accent, "you two. I remember you."

"I'm sorry," Dana mumbled, confused, "who are you?"

"Oh, don't worry, I wasn't in my right head last time we met," he stared in her eyes, compelling her, "lift your foot up, please, Dana." The girl did as she was told.

"Klaus—" Emery was cut off when the hybrid turned to look at the boy, compelling him as well, "it she drops her foot, Chad, I want you to beat her to death. Understood?" Chad nodded.

"Don't, Klaus," Elena shook her head, scared, "you don't have to hurt anybody."

"Oh, come on," Klaus clicked his tongue, smiling, "of course I do."

"I don't like this," the witch muttered, looking over at Klaus with a frown. He raised his brows at her, "no? Well that's too bad, love."

"Why should Chad be the one to beat Dana?" Emery questioned, looking at the boy who hadn't been really nice to her during her freshman year. "Why's it not the other way round?"

Klaus bit his lip, amused, "you want Dana to beat Chad up?"

"I mean it wouldn't be so bad—" Emery was cut off by Elena who turned to her, disgust filling her features. "Really, Em? Really?"

"What?"

"You're a witch for the love of god!" Elena exclaimed, "do something! You could've stopped him ages ago! We could've been running right now if you just—"

"Stop talking," the witch interrupted her, "you know I can't use my magic." She wouldn't have been able to even if she wanted to since she was feeling pretty weak from earlier. She was yet to know what has happened when she dropped unconscious.

"You're useless," the doppleganger mumbled with a scoff. Klaus raised his brows at Elena. Before he could say anything, he heard Dana gasp as she was about to fall but she managed to keep standing on one foot. "Keep it up."

Emery tried not to let Elena's words get into her but she knew how much they were true. Klaus noticed the shift in her mood the second those words left the doppleganger's mouth.

The hybrid turned to look at her and took a step closer. He parted his lips and just as he was about to say something, she beat him to it, slowly shaking her head. She already knew what he was going to say judging by the look he held in his eyes.

The hybrid ignored her words, a small smirk appearing on his lips which made her furrow her brows in confusion. He leaned in, his lips touching her ear as he whispered, "we both know that the only reason you're not doing anything is because you don't want to get away from me."