90

KLAUS STOOD IN THE living room of the Gilberts' House, feeling nothing but anger with a hint of sadness due to Kol's death.

He was pacing around, punching the invisible wall that held him there as he tried to get out but it was futile. He stared at Caroline, his jaw clenched. Tyler was there a few minutes ago, he received a call from Matt and asked the blonde vampire to wait for him.

"Where did he go?" The original hybrid asked the vampire who was sitting on the counter, her attention on her phone.

Caroline shrugged, "he didn't say. You would've heard."

"Emery considers you as a friend," Klaus said making her look at him. "So I might spare your life once I get out of here. Your boyfriend, however. . ."

Caroline straightened up, "she considers him as a friend too. Haven't you mess up enough already?"

"Tyler's mother is dead," Klaus changed the course of the conversation, "so is my brother. We're even. Call Bonnie. Get her to let me out of here. Or better yet, call Emery. Where is she anyway?"

"I will never, ever, help you."

"How quickly you forget the part where I saved Tyler from the misery of being a werewolf?" Klaus asked, "or the night your mother invited me into her home to save the life of her precious daughter?"

"How delusional are you?" Caroline asked back, "you killed his mother. And let's not forget that we're standing in a house where Em's aunt Jenna used to live. Or did you think that your charm would make us forget how you killed her, too? You know what? No. I am not going to engage in this."

"Wait a second," the hybrid muttered, his eyes going to the entrance of the house then he glanced at the stairway. "This is Emery's home. This is where she's staying."

"What's your point?"

"She should be here by now," he said, feeling his nerves all over the place. "Something's wrong."

"You're just being paranoid," Caroline sighed, "she probably just went with the others to find the cure."

"She didn't," he let out almost instantly. He knew that the witch wouldn't want to go with them. Klaus ran his tongue along his inner cheek as he tried to figure out what had happened. "Emery could have gotten rid of this," he tapped his fingers on the invisible barrier, "and she would have, had she been here. My theory is, your friends did something to her."

"They wouldn't hurt her," Caroline retorted, "she's our friend too. She's part of our group and we care about her. We would never do anything to her."

"Well, I certainly hope that you're right for their own good."

Caroline's assumptions were swiftly shattered as Tyler entered the room, cradling the limp form of Emery in his arms.

A surge of intense fury coursed through Klaus's veins at the sight, igniting a fiery rage within him. His voice trembled with a mix of concern and anger as he glared at Tyler, "what have you done to her?"

With a calm demeanor, Tyler responded, his words laced with a hint of reassurance. "She's just unconscious. Bonnie cast a spell on her. Emery's kinda sleeping beauty at the moment."

Caroline's eyes widened in disbelief, her gaze locked on Tyler. A maelstrom of emotions swirled within Klaus as he beheld his witch, vulnerable and hurt. A storm of worry and protectiveness surged through him, overshadowing his anger momentarily. His heart ached at the sight of her motionless form, and he yearned to hold her close. Then his eyes fell on Tyler again and the anger returned in waves.

Klaus let out a humorless chuckle, "I'm going to kill you, Bonnie, the doppelgänger, Matt and everyone else."

"You need Elena to make hybrids," Tyler said, "you won't kill her."

"You foolish thing," the original hybrid clicked his tongue, raising his voice, "I couldn't care less about Elena or my hybrids. She's the cause of all of this. The moment I get out of here, she's the first person I'm killing. And I don't think Emery will mind, you know considering all this," he pointed to the unconscious witch.

Tyler and Caroline exchanged a look. The blonde groaned before she walked towards her friend and stared down at her. "For how long is this spell going to last?"

"Bonnie didn't say," came Tyler's reply.

Klaus took a deep breath, wanting nothing more than to reach out to the witch. "Bring her here."

"What?" Tyler huffed, "no."

"I said," Klaus glared at the hybrid, "bring her here."

"What are you gonna do if I don't?" Tyler challenged, giving him a smug look. Caroline rolled her eyes before she tapped Tyler on the shoulder. "Just do it."

"Why?" Tyler frowned at the blonde vampire, "it doesn't matter."

Caroline huffed before she picked Emery up using her vampire strength then she approached Klaus, the barrier in between them. She hesitated.

"Get in, put her on there," Klaus nodded towards the couch behind him, "I won't hurt you."

"I don't trust you," the blonde muttered, "but I know you won't because of her so. . ." Quickly, she vamp-sped inside and placed the witch where he asked before going back out just as fast. Klaus barely paid attention to her as he rushed towards Emery.

He knelt down beside her, his fingers gently caressing her hair as he tenderly brushed it away from her face. Time seemed to stand still as he fixated his gaze upon her, his features softened by a mixture of concern, affection, and protectiveness. A profound sense of anguish washed over him. He wanted her conscious, he wanted to talk to her. He didn't like how she was just lying there.

A sharp intake of breath betrayed the tumultuous emotions swirling within Klaus. His eyes flickered with a blend of sorrow, anger, and frustration, directed not at Emery herself, but at the circumstances that led to her current state. His jaw clenched in silent outrage as he turned to face Tyler and Caroline, their expressions registering a certain level of surprise. Their uneasy gazes swiftly shifted away, their guilty conscience evident in their hasty avoidance.

Klaus tilted his head to the side mockingly at Caroline, "what was it you were you saying about them not hurting her?"

⎯⎯ ˖

Ik it kinda sucks rn but it's gonna get better, I promise.