66

BONNIE WAS SITTING on the couch in the living room, getting ready to perform the spell when Emery walked in.

The Bennett witch looked up, her brows raising, "Em?" She stood up and quickly approached her before engulfing her in a hug, "oh my god, hi! It's been a while since I've seen you. I missed you."

"I missed you too," Emery hugged her back, "I heard about your mom, I'm sorry."

"It wasn't your fault," Bonnie pulled back, managing a smile although it looked pained. "Where have you been? I thought I'd see you after what happened with Esther."

"I was—" she paused, thinking about how to word it, "sick. Apparently, Esther was also channeling me."

"What?" Horror overtook Bonnie's features, "I'm so sorry, I didn't know! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine now," Emery flashed her a small smile, "Klaus saved me."

"That doesn't sound like a Klaus thing to do," Bonnie muttered, sighing, "but he cares about you," she lowered her voice, "even Damon sees it. Actually, I'm pretty sure everyone does, we'd be blind not to. However, you should be careful."

"Careful?" Emery repeated with her brows furrowed, "I always am but why are you telling me this?"

"Because you know how the others are," Bonnie's voice could hardly be heard even by Emery. She knew there were vampires around who were probably eavesdropping. "If Klaus has a weakness, they'll do anything to use it against him."

"They wouldn't..." Emery trailed off, a frown forming at her lips. She didn't believe her own words. And by the look Bonnie was sending her, she knew she didn't either.

Would they really use her against Klaus? She scoffed at the question. Of course they would. Even Bonnie was warning her. She'd be foolish not to listen to her.

"I'll be careful, I promise."

"Good," Bonnie sat back down, "I better start this spell before Klaus gets back." While she wanted to tell Emery that her hybrid lover was threatening Jeremy and her mom, she decided not to, knowing it would be stupid of her considering the fact that she was given a warning against it earlier.

Emery took a seat on the couch across Bonnie and watched her just as Klaus entered the room. He flashed the two a smile, "how's it going?"

"Great," Bonnie muttered, pulling her cold face back up.

Soon enough, she began chanting while Klaus stood behind the couch on which Emery was sitting and placed his hands on her shoulders, the two watching the blood on the table which started to disperse into five different circles.

The flames then flared up as Bonnie continued the spell, the large pool of blood had finally been divided into five separate pools that were moving away from each other.

Bonnie took a deep breath, her features contorting into an emotion Emery couldn't figure out once the link was broken.

"It's done," she stood up, gathering her things.

"Very well," Klaus nodded, "you can leave now."

"I'll escort you," Emery muttered earning a grateful nod from Bonnie as she placed a hand around her shoulder and began leading her away, sensing how scared she was. Klaus decided to follow them to humor himself.

As they reached the main hall, Rebekah walked out of a room, wiping her hands with a towel.

"Leaving so soon?" She teased earning a look from Klaus, "sister, be nice."

"Thank you, Bonnie," Rebekah smiled, "see you in physics class." And then she stepped away from the entrance of the room, revealing a chained and bloody Damon behind. Emery's eyes widened, her hands dropping from Bonnie's shoulders.