83

THE BOOKS OF SPELLS Bonnie had grabbed from her grandmother's collection lied on the bed in front of Emery. She'd been flipping pages after pages, looking for a spell to break a curse. She had found a lot and tried all of them, but none worked.

The curse was too strong, Esther was an extremely powerful witch. Trying that many spells worn her out. Her back was resting against the headboard and her knees were plopped up with her sketchbook against her thighs as she drew a few random things.

When the door opened, she heard but didn't bother to look at the hybrid who walked in. He sighed at the lack of attention. "What happened?"

"Other than the fact that you're planning to stay so you could find some stupid curse for Elena?" she asked, sparing him a glance. "Nothing at all."

He approached the bed and sat down on the edge, "you don't want your sister to become human again?"

Emery pursed her lip in contemplation. She wanted to find the cure if there was one for Rebekah. The original blonde vampire had never failed to mention how much she wanted to be human again and have children, it was her dream. It was all Rebekah ever wanted. If Emery could help her, then she would. But at the same time, she knew Klaus would never agree to that. He'd rather find the cure and feed it to Elena, she knew that he'd never give it to his sister which was why she decided to keep her plans and thoughts to herself.

"Actually," she tilted her head to the side, taking a thoughtful expression, "no— you're right. I think you should find the cure for Elena. I mean, she never wanted to become a vampire after all." She kept lying, "what's been done to her isn't fair."

"I don't give a shit about what's been done to her, love," the hybrid clicked his tongue, "all I want to do is shove this bloody cure down her throat and use her blood to make more hybrids. Create an army for us, and at the same time make her suffer for everything she's done to you and me. How she spoke to you, how she belittled you, how her and her friends tried to kill me and the hundreds of other stunt they pulled—" he paused, "I hold grudges."

"You're evil," Emery muttered as if she didn't already know, "you seem to forget that she is still my sister despite everything and once upon a time, we had a good relationship. Hearing your plan on how you intend on turning her into a literal blood bag doesn't really sound that good in my head."

"The past is past," Klaus waved a hand, dismissing it, "they messed with us, didn't they? They should face the consequences." His eyes fell on the books she had on the mattress. "What are those?"

"Spell books," she replied, "I'm trying to find a way to break this stupid curse, but so far I've found none."

"My mother was a powerful witch as you know. If she said there's a way to break the curse, then it's that way only. There's no other," he pushed the books aside, "you're just wasting your time."

"The link won't hold me together until forever, you know?" She looked at him, an emotion Klaus couldn't decipher swirling in her green eyes. "I can feel it weakening with every passing day."

"I'm never letting you die, little witch," he swallowed, unable to think of a life without her. "There's always the other option— the vampire one. You've been using your magic, and there hasn't been any side effects. Or has there?"

"Well," she bit her lower lip, "when I saved yours and Damon's ass from the explosion— I felt lightheaded for like a second. The side effect's not as painful and bloody as it used to be before, but it's still there. Which is why I'm trying to find another way to get rid of the curse."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because there's nothing you can do," she mumbled, sighing, "you've done all that's possible."

After a moment of silence, he leaned in so their faces were inches apart then slowly placed a kiss on her lips. "I love you," he whispered against her lips, "you know that right?"

"I love you," she smiled, her hands went to the back of his neck before she pulled him as she lied on her back so he was on top of her, his knees on either side of her. He lowered his head and kissed her again, more deeply and passionately this time. His tongue slid inside her mouth and stroked hers while one of his hands travelled down her body, feeling her up through her clothes as the other one held himself up.

Emery groaned when he bit her tongue and her eyes closed when he started sucking on it. Desperate for some friction, she raised her hips which made him break the kiss, putting some distance between their mouths as he looked at her. His lips pulled up in a smirk at the clear lust in her eyes, he was sure she was mirroring his own look.

He tilted his head a little to the side and glanced at the clock on the bedside table. It was 11:55 pm. "Your birthday's in five minutes." He lowered his head again and ran his tongue along her collarbone till her neck. She hummed in pleasure when he started softly biting and nibbling on her skin. "Think I could get you off before that?"

Her fingers tightened their old in his hair, "I doubt that."

He pulled away from his assault on her neck and raised his brows at her, his eyes holding a mixture of lust and mischief. "Is that a challenge?"

"Yes."

"You're on." With that, his lips met hers in a harsh and brutal kiss making her moan as she felt him press against her through their clothes. Her eyes remained shut when he pulled away and started trailing kisses down her jaw to her neck and lower until he reached the band of her shorts. He pulled them off along with her underwear without wasting time and backed away completely.

Emery sat up using her elbows to hold herself as she stared at him standing in front of her bed while her lower area was completely exposed. The hybrid said nothing and only ran his tongue along his lower lips before he grabbed her ankles making her yelp as he pulled her to the edge of the bed so her knees was hanging.

He on his knees and she sucked in a sharp breath when she felt his lips tracing her inner thighs and didn't dare breathe until he placed his mouth directly on her. She threw her head back and her hands immediately went to his head as she held him there while he started teasing her, his tongue running in circles.

He groaned which sent vibrations through her entire body as he ate her out. His fingers soon joined his tongue, getting easily inside her as he slid them in and out, desperate to send her over the edge. His free hand snaked up to her stomach and stayed there as he held her down when her back arched off the bed.

He flicked her, speeding up the movement of his fingers while Emery bit down hard on her lips to prevent herself from making too much noise. She was, after all, in a house filled with hybrids.

Klaus glanced at the time. 11:59 pm.

He ran his tongue along her slit. He could tell she was close. When he sucked her clit, stretching it into his mouth, she could no longer hold back. Her body shook, her legs trembled and her fingers tightened their grip in his hair as she came down her high at the same time as the clock struck 12:00 am.

He stayed on his knees and cleaned her up with his tongue, feeling quite proud of himself. Then he got up slightly, straddling her as their lips met in a hot, lustful kiss, all their worries and problems forgotten for the time being.

"Happy birthday, love," he whispered against her lips and smirked when he felt her fingers reach the waistband of his pants in response.