44

EMERY WALKED AROUND, looking for any familiar faces. She was at the homecoming party which was being held at Tyler's house.

The witch didn't plan on going until Rebekah told her that she was too. But she couldn't find the blonde anywhere which she found weird.

"Emery, hey!" Tyler flashed her a big smile which she returned. "What are you doing here on your own? Don't you have a date?"

"I always go solo," the witch shrugged, looking around at the unfamiliar faces, "who are all these people?"

"I have no idea," Tyler chuckled which earned him a confused look from her. "What do you mean?"

Tyler was about to reply when she heard the music stop and a familiar voice begin to talk. "Good evening everyone! I wanna thank you for being here with me to celebrate! It's been a long time coming!"

Emery turned to Tyler as Klaus walked off the stage to go talk to Stefan, not having noticed the witch yet. "What's he doing here?"

"It's not a party, it's a wake." Tyler informed before walking away. Emery sighed, frowning in confusion. She was lost. She had no idea what was going on but she could feel that something was going to happen.

"I thought you hated dresses."

At the sound of his voice, she turned around. Klaus stood there, wearing a suit as he stared at her, not bothering to hide that he was checking her out. Emery was wearing a rose gold dress which stopped just above her knees and high heels. She had concealed the scars on her wrist.

Instead of saying anything, she walked towards him and threw her arms around him. Klaus was taken aback by the gesture but he didn't waste a second as he hugged her back, taking in her scent as he did so.

"Hi," she breathed out once they pulled away. He flashed her a smirk, "hello, love. You look absolutely stunning."

"You look—" she paused, tilting her head to the side at his appearance, "okay."

"Just okay?" He repeated with a scoff, knowing by her expression that she was just messing with him. "I think I look amazing."

"You didn't tell me you were coming back."

"I wanted to surprise you," he shrugged, one of his hand wrapping itself around her wrist, "come along, I've got something to give you."

Curious, she allowed him to drag her inside. She said nothing when they neared a corner where there was nobody. "What do you have to gi—" Emery was cut off by a pair of soft lips on hers.

Klaus kissed her as if his life depended on it. When her brain finally registered what was happening, she started kissing him back, her hands going to the back of his neck and pulling him as close as possible.

The hybrid swept his tongue between her lips, pressing his warm, soft lips to hers. He slid his hands up her body, sending a wave of heat on his path. The need to touch her was killing him. Emery groaned when he dipped his tongue past her lips, caressing her tongue with his. She felt fluttering inside. She missed him, she craved him. She could feel his body responding to her.

Her hands slid down to his chest where she fisted his suit as he deepened the kiss, his tongue stroking hers roughly. He let out a small groan when she pulled him closer, feeling her body against his. He was about to lose control and he knew it.

However he forced himself to break away from her, knowing he had more important things at hand. He leaned his forehead against hers, both of them breathing heavily. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," Emery admitted, staring at him in his eyes. She gave him a small smile before placing a kiss under his jaw. His lips twitched up at that. He raised his head and placed his lips on her forehead. "We're continuing this later, little witch."

"Definitely."

"Tell me what your friends are up to," Klaus said, not having broke their stance yet. Emery signed, "I don't know. They didn't tell me."

"Well then," he pulled away and placed a hand on the side of her face, "is there anything I should know?"

"Just that Rebekah knows you've killed your mom."

Klaus groaned at that. "Great, just what I needed."

"And I'm sure whatever their plan is," Emery went on, "Mikael is involved in it."

"I figured as much," Klaus smiled at her, "stay here. I'll go deal with that problem and be back. All right?"

"Yep," she nodded although she was reluctant to just let him go alone but she assured herself that he'd be fine. "Don't die."

Placing one last kiss on her lips, Klaus walked away. Emery then went to the kitchen to get herself something to drink when she felt a sharp pain on the back of her head and the next thing she knew, she was being pulled into unconsciousness.