80

Just Letting You Guys Know That I Might Take Longer To Update This Story From Now On Because Like I've Mentioned Before, I Don't Really Like Season 4 So Writing About It Doesn't Feel Fun. I'm Gonna Leave You With This One Update For The Time Being And Maybe I'll Modify The Entire Season A Bit To My Liking. We'll See.

⎯⎯ ˖

EMERY WALKED INTO THE room where Damon texted her they would be in the hospital just in time to hear the raven haired vampire say, "keep it up buddy. They'll be scraping you off the ceiling."

Earlier, when Damon had asked Emery come with him to catch a vampire hunter, the witch didn't refuse mainly because Klaus had also decided to tag along.

"You two are gonna kill me anyway," Conner said, glaring at the two earning a small smile from the hybrid, "well, let's not be too hasty. I feel like we're just getting to know each other."

At the sound of footsteps, Klaus turned around, his eyes narrowing at the sight of Emery. "What are you doing here?"

"I invited her," Damon responded before she could, shrugging. "I needed someone whose presence I can actually enjoy."

"Or perhaps you were just scared to be here with me," Klaus taunted, his eyes swirling with obvious mockery making Damon roll his eyes and scoff. "Right," the older Salvatore muttered, "me, scared of you? In your dreams."

Connor raised his brows at the witch, not knowing who she was as he questioned, "what are you, a human, doing among vampires?"

"I'm the best friend," Damon smirked at him, pointing to the hybrid, "he's the boyfriend. And she's a witch, not human."

"What?"

"Now that all that are out of the way," the Salvatore waved a dismissive hand, "let's start with the basics. Where are you from? What do you know?" He approached the man who was knelt on the ground, forced to stay in place due to arrows in his skin. "Maybe you can cue me in on this greater evil because I've fought this guy—" he jerked a thumb in Klaus's direction, "and there's nothing more evil than that."

Klaus grabbed the paper Damon was holding, "yeah," he glanced at Emery, "truth to be told, I'm as evil as it gets."

"Except when it comes to a certain witch," Damon mumbled earning a glare from the hybrid. He only grinned in response, flickering his eyes to Emery who not-so-subtly flipped him off as she leaned against the wall and watched the scene unfold. She was there to ensure that they didn't kill each other, although they didn't have to know that.

"I'm not telling you anything." Connor said, his jaw clenched. "You think if you kill me its gonna be over? There's another waiting to take my place."

"See, this is what I like to hear." Damon turned to Klaus, "vague threats, ominous prophecies, disappearing tattoos."

Klaus's smile fell upon hearing Damon's last words. "What do you mean, tattoos?"

"Don't bother," Damon sighed, "you can't see the damn thing."

Klaus bent down a little so he could look at Connor in the eyes, "there's more to you that meets the eye, isn't there?"

Connor held his stare for a moment before he suddenly moved and tried to stab the hybrid with an arrow but Klaus was faster and grabbed his wrist, preventing his attack. "Nice try. But I'm faster than your average vampire." And then Klaus twisted his arm and grabbed the stake out of his hand. He looked at the mark carved into the wood and recognisation overcame his features.

"You're one of the five," the hybrid muttered earning a confused look from Damon as Emery pushed herself off the wall to take a look at the engraving as well, "the what?"

"I'm faster than your average hunter." Connor said making Emery look at him, seeing he was about to pull the string to the bomb. The second her eyes met his, he pulled the string and the bomb exploded just as he fled. Emery was quick to extend her hand in front of her, the fire being held back from Klaus, Damon and herself by an invisible force.

The vampires just stared at her as she stood face to face with a wave of fire that would've hit them if not for her. They were so close that they could feel the warmth of the flames on their skin. With a wave of her hand, the fire slowly began disappearing, turning into smoke.

"Oh, that was close," Damon commented, letting out a small sigh of relief at the same time.

"She saved your skin," Klaus raised his brows at the older Salvatore as he casually slid a hand around the witch's waist, "I believe a thank you is in order."

"She saved yours too," Damon shot back, "I haven't seen you thank her."

"I will," Klaus pursed his lips as he glanced down at Emery. A small smirk tugged at his lips as he added, only to mess with her, "in other ways." He tilted his head to the side at Damon who was now pretending to gag, "you, however—"

"— All right," Emery interrupted, "let's just leave it at that. Stop acting like children, both of you."

"I hardly think a child would say the things I did."

"Right," Damon scoffed, "even a child is more mature than that."

"Maybe I should've let you two burn just for the sake of it."