65

"WHAT ARE YOU drawing?"

"I'm not drawing anything," Emery quickly flipped her sketchbook shut. She raised her head to look at Klaus who was hovering over her as she sat down on his bed. "Ever heard of personal space?"

"I'm familiar with the term, yes," he responded, "I didn't think there is such a thing as personal space between us considering the fact that I have literally been in you—"

"— Oh my god," she cut him off, her cheeks flushing, "shut up."

"Make me."

"You're acting like a teenager," she narrowed her eyes at him as he sat down beside her on the bed, completely ignoring her words. "I thought I'd inform you that your friend, Bonnie, is downstairs."

"Bonnie's here?" She furrowed her brows, "why?"

"I need her to unlink me and my siblings," the hybrid shrugged, his hand going to the sketchbook in her hand. She tightened her grip around it when tried to take it from her. "Come on now, won't you let me see what you've been drawing? I've showed you mine."

"I didn't ask you to show me," she retorted, "I'll show you when I want to."

"I'm not a very patient person."

"That sounds like a you pro—" the rest of her words were cut short when he circled her waist and lifted her so she was straddling him, her legs on either side of him. Her breath hitched, her grip loosened around the sketchbook.

He grabbed the book and tossed it somewhere on the bed, his hands going to rest on her sides. He drew his head close to hers, brushing the tip of his nose down her neck as he breathed her in.

"Aren't you going to see her?"

"In a moment," she responded, her fingers playing with his hair as they just sat there, the world around them forgotten.

"Have I ever told you how gorgeous you are?"

"Maybe," she whispered, "say it again though." He breathed out a chuckle making her smile before he leaned in and captured her lips with his. The kiss started out soft and passionate until he pressed her down on him and became rougher. His tongue stroked over hers, mingling and tasting her like he just couldn't have enough.

Emery groaned into his mouth, her fingers tightening in his hair as she tried to keep up with the hard kiss. His tongue stretched out, sweeping through her mouth with gentle pressure, and she sighed into him, leaning forward even more.

He dug his fingers in the skin of her waist as one of his hand moved from her waist to her neck and he pushed her hair back. He then pulled away, moving his lips down her jaw to her neck. He softly bit the tender skin earning a quiet moan from her.

He dragged his tongue down her neck, his action halting slightly. Emery could barely get a word out when he began sucking on her skin.

"Be quiet for me, love," he muttered against her neck, "we're not alone in the house. There are vampires around."

She could only manage a nod in response. He moved his lips back up to hers, sucking on her bottom lip while she closed her eyes. One of his hand slipped under layers of clothes, finding her skin. He pulled her close, and she leaned into him, feeling like she could never be close enough.

His other hand grabbed her wrist as he dragged his tongue along her lips before pulling away. He then leaned down and pressed his lips to her wrist in a feathery kiss. Emery sucked in a sharp breath at the small yet meaningful action.

When he let go of her hand, she placed them around his neck and began trailing her palms down his chest, feeling him. Klaus watched her intently as she did that. It was her turn to slide her hands under his shirt so she could feel his bare chest. He let her, closing his eyes at her touch while his own hand explored her as well.

"You're killing me." He groaned softly when she dragged her fingers lower until she was tracing the waistband of his pants.

Emery gave him a small smile before she leaned in and kissed him, breaking away the second he tried to kiss her back. He frowned, "what do you think you're doing?" Instead of answering, she stood up and straightened her shirt making his frown deepen. "Emery."

"Bonnie's downstairs, I haven't seen her in a long time."

"Bonnie is more important than me?"

"Yes?" She shot him a flat look, "obviously."

"I see how it is." He threw his head back against the headrest and watched her run her fingers through her hair to fix them knowing they were probably a mess on her head.

"Don't worry, you're a close third on my list."

He pursed his lips in a thin line and blankly muttered, "how flattering. I'm guessing Damon is the one before me on that list."

"No," she tilted her head to the side, "Jeremy is." And with that, she walked out, leaving Klaus there with his lips pulled up into a frown as he thought about what he was doing behind her back.

Although he told Kol not to hurt Jeremy, he could never tell with his younger brother. Quickly pulling out his phone, he typed.

— 'I was serious. Don't even think of hurting him. Emery will be mad.'

He chewed on his lower lip and pressed send, knowing Kol's reply would be one of endless teasing. But he couldn't care less. The last thing he wanted was for the witch to be angry with him. He wasn't sure he could handle that anymore.