51

"WHAT IS UP with you?" Was the first question that Klaus decided to drop on Emery as they walked in one of the rooms of the house.

"Trust me, you don't wanna know."

"You look pale," he pointed out, narrowing his eyes at her face, "have you been eating?"

"Yes," she lied, "look, I'm fine. What do you want?"

"You've been ignoring me," he said simply earning a scoff from her, "yeah, well, you tried to get my brother killed."

"I needed to make a point."

"Point made then," she said blankly. Klaus sighed as he ran a hand through his hair, "I've found Rebekah. Well, Elena returned her to me. She had her daggered, I'm guessing since homecoming."

"That bitch," the witch mumbled, frowning at the thought. Elena knew how much Rebekah was looking forward to homecoming yet she took that away from her. "How's she?"

"Still daggered."

"Of course she is," the hint of bitterness in her tone didn't go unnoticed by him. He raised his brows, "what's with the attitude?"

"She's been daggered her whole life." Emery rolled her eyes, "hell, I think I've lived more than her and I'm only human."

"I can't undagger her just yet," Klaus tried to resonate, "she's pissed."

"Undagger her and sort it out like any normal person would do instead of keeping her in a box then," the witch suggested, staring at Klaus as if he was crazy— which in a way, he was. "Whatever. Can I go now?"

"No," he pursed his lips, his expression softening, "I don't want you to stay mad at me."

"Then stop going after people I care about."

"Tell Stefan to return my family and I won't have to," the hybrid retorted, "he started this, love. I'm just fighting back. My family means everything to me." He took a step closer to her, "look, I'm sorry, okay? I shouldn't have gone after your brother." He hadn't realized how much he was dependent on her in a way. "I don't want to go on with you pretending like I don't exist."

"You promise not to hurt—"

"— I promise I won't kill anyone you care about." He cut her off, nodding even though they both knew that was a lie. He wouldn't stop. Not until he gets what he wants.

"All right then—" she was cut off when Klaus vamp-sped towards her and placing his lips on hers. The first touch of their lips was soft and tender, but as the kiss deepened, their tongues begin to intertwine in a dance of passion.

Their bodies pressed against each other, their breathing becoming heavy and desperate. The room around them faded away as they lost themselves in the intensity of the kiss. They explored every inch of each other's mouths, savoring the taste and texture of their lips and tongues. Time stood still as they continued to kiss, lost in the moment and the intensity of their connection.

Eventually, they pulled back, gasping for breath, their eyes locked in a moment of pure bliss. Klaus pushed a strand of her hair away from her face, his eyes digging into hers. He kept his hand on the side of her face,
"come to my house with me after this. Unless you have better things to do?"

"I don't," she glanced at his lips then back to his eyes, "I'll come with you." He smiled and he was about to say something when the door swung open. Both their heads snapped in the direction to find Damon striding in, closing it behind him.

He made a loud gagging sound when he saw the two who didn't bother to break away from each other until Klaus let out a frustrated sigh, "what now? I'm busy."

"Stefan just grabbed Elena."

Well, he's getting desperate," Klaus rolled his eyes earning a serious look from the raven haired vampire, "he's gonna try and use her against you. Do what he says, get rid of your hybrids."

"Or what?" Klaus arched his brows, "Stefan would never dream of killing her."

"You sure about that?" Damon asked, "he just tried to behead someone in the middle of a Council party. He's operating on crazy right now."

"Well, crazy or not, that kind of love never dies," the hybrid muttered, glancing at Emery then back at Damon, "he's bluffing."

"Maybe he is, maybe he isn't but if you don't want to believe him, believe me," Damon took a step forward, "I know my brother better than anyone, and right now, I don't have a clue how far he is willing to take this. So if he says blink, I suggest you blink." With that, Damon walked out of the room.