52

EMERY WAS TOLD by Klaus that he had gotten his coffins back, except for one. When she asked him who was in it, he changed the subject.

The witch didn't bother pressing the matter, knowing he wouldn't tell her if he didn't want to. Instead, he invited her over for dinner which she found herself going to after spending hours sketching in her room.

Being alone proved to be something Emery was getting used to. Klaus didn't like how she was somewhat distancing herself away- something he had noticed. At first he thought it was because he tried to harm Jeremy but then he realized, after having made up at the party, that it was something else entirely. He just needed to find out what exactly and he intended on finding out tonight.

Emery walked in the house, her eyes falling on Elijah who was wearing a black suit. She halted in her steps, a small distance away from the door and raised her brows in surprise, "wasn't expecting to see you here."

"I could say the same," Elijah retorted, his eyes flickering from her to Klaus who was full on smiling as he sat on the couch. He took in what she was wearing, a knee-length casual green dress with her usual ankle boots. She had a jacket thrown over her shoulder and her hair was falling straight on her back.

"You look stunning," Elijah complimented with a small smile before Klaus could. The hybrid bit his tongue when his older brother leaned in to place a kiss on Emery's cheek which immediately reddened. "Welcome."

"Thank y-" she was cut off by Klaus who came to stand in front of her, his arm wrapping around her waist as he leaned in close to place a kiss on her lips. Elijah raised his brows at that, an amused smile breaking onto his face.

"You look perfect," Klaus muttered against her lips. Elijah cleared his throat loud enough for them to break apart and receive a glare from the hybrid.

"You never told me why I'm here," Emery said as they walked further into the house. Klaus shrugged, "I suppose you'll have to find out then."

"I don't like where this is going-" she was unable to finish her sentence when a knock interrupted them. Elijah walked towards the door again and opened it, revealing Stefan and Damon. "Niklaus, our guests have arrived."

Klaus turned to look at them as they strolled in, "Damon. Stefan. Elijah tells me, you seek an audience. Very bold."

"Em?" Damon raised a curious brow at the sight of the witch who looked equally confused by his presence. "What is going on?"

"Wish I could tell you," Stefan mumbled, looking at Klaus who pointed towards a table, "let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilized men, shall we?"

The table was set and there was various food on it along with two women standing in the room, ready to serve.

"It's better to indulge him," Elijah added earning a look from Stefan, "I didn't come here to eat, Klaus. Fact, I didn't want to come here at all. But I was told I had to cause you would hear us out."

"Well, we can sit and eat or I can reach down your throats and pull out your insides," Klaus offered casually making Emery roll her eyes as she sat down on a chair, feeling quite hungry, "the choice is yours."

Following Emery, Damon sat down beside her while Klaus went to sit on her other side with Elijah across him and Stefan beside Elijah. They all dug in their food except Stefan who sat, brooding.

One of the women poured Damon some wine earning a smile from him, "thank you, love."

"Any reason why you aren't eating?" Emery asked Stefan who stared at her as she went on, glancing down at his untouched food, "would you have preferred rabbit meat instead?"