𝙼𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚢 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚝

˜"*°•

˜"*°•.˜"*°• -----------------------------------•°*"˜.•°*"˜
𝚂𝟹|𝙴𝟹.𝟻| 𝙽𝚘𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝙶𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝙿𝚊𝚢

"I think I might be your mom." The women let out. Tessa immediately froze at the words, her grip on the phone letting lose slightly. She quickly grabbed it again before it fell.

"Tessa! Hello? Did I just hear that right?"

"Robby, I think I'm gonna have to call you back." She mumbled into the phone. "I love you." She quickly hung up after. "I'm sorry what did you say?"

"I'm your mother, Tessa." Tessa opened the door more, inviting her in. It was more of a blur as they walked to the couch.

"That's impossible, my mother left when I was born." Her mother, as she called herself, sighed.

"That's not entirely true. I'll tell you the truth, but you have to listen and trust me. What I'm about to tell you is going to change a lot of things."

"I don't trust anyone. How am I supposed to trust a random woman that claims to be my mother after almost seventeen years of not having one." Tessa looked at the women as she scrunched up her face.

"I guess you take after me then. You're smart. But I don't want you to be like me. I've made a lot of mistakes throughout my life."

"Like abandoning your child?" She questioned.

"Listening to everything Daniel said." Her face dropped slightly as she furrowed her eyebrows. "I didn't leave because I couldn't handle a child. I left because your father sent me to a mental hospital. He called me unstable and when in court everyone saw a woman after not knowing where her newborn child was. Of course, I acted up."

"What are you talking about?" She mumbled, starting to pick at her hands once more.

"I'm saying your father sent me away because he didn't want me around you. I was stable, I had been more stable than I had ever been." She sighed. "Me and your father were married for eight years before we got a divorce in '95. I hadn't spoken to him in years when we saw each other at a bar in '01. Him and Amanda were already married, I didn't know that. We had one night; you came out a year later. Amanda was angrier with me than your father, that's why they never got a divorce after he cheated on her. They sent me away because they thought me being with you would cause no good. They didn't want my family's influence on you, specifically my father."

"What's wrong with my grandfather?" She asked, looking back at the women.

"At the time he was really bad, it scared your father. But he's better now." Tessa nodded as she spoke. "Anyway, once they sent me away, I was told they took you to Florida, so once I got out, I went to Florida. That's where I married my husband. I searched everywhere for you Tessa. Up and down, I didn't sleep for months. That's why it's so crazy seeing you now." She took ahold of Tessa's hand. "I heard about a Karate fight at a school, and my agent said there was a girl with the exact description that I gave them after speaking to my father when he met you for the first time. I came back as soon as I could, rented out an apartment while my husband and son settled out the house in Florida."