'𝚂𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙼𝚒𝚐𝚐𝚢'

˜"*°•

˜"*°•.˜"*°• -----------------------------------•°*"˜.•°*"˜
𝚂𝟷| 𝙴𝟺| 𝙲𝚘𝚋𝚛𝚊 𝙺𝚊𝚒 𝙽𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝙳𝚒𝚎𝚜

Anxiety. Tessa had developed Anxiety at quite a young age. Panic attacks coming around randomly and sometimes for no reason. So, when Tessa woke up in an unfamiliar room, she had every reason to panic.

Opening up her eyes that next morning, the girl was welcomed with an arm wrapped around her waist. Panic spread across her body before remembering where she was and whose arm it was. She was facing Miguels door while he was behind her, his arm wrapped around her torso. She thought that he must have done this in the middle of the night without knowing. She started to smile to herself when a coat of red crossed her cheeks.

She rolled over without trying to move Miguels arm, stopping as he started to move around. She closed her eyes as if she was sleeping as she felt him stare down at her, so she opened one eye. "It's not nice to stare." She whispered while looking up at him. He didn't say anything as she smiled, and they continued to look at each other.

Their silence was soon interrupted by a knock on the door following a 'Miggy!' It seemed as if every time Miguel and her would be close they would get interrupted by one of their parents, first Daniel and now Carmen. They quickly broke apart as Carmen walked through the door. "I want to talk to you." She told him sternly before she closed the door.

The pair walked out into the living room while Carmen grabbed ice for Miguel. "You know, if you told me who did this, I could beat the shit out of them." Tessa said in a whisper as they sat on the couch.

"No, it's okay. I don't want you to get in trouble for me." Miguel said as Tessa shrugged carelessly.

"Here." Carmen said as she gave Miguel ice and a drink. "Hold this ice on your ribs."

"Oh, thanks." Miguel said through a sigh as Carmen sat down.

"Miggy, why don't you tell me who did this. I'll call the school. They can protect you." She pleaded with the boy.

"It will only make it worse, mamá." Miguel simply spoke.

"Worse than this?" She said in an annoyed tone.

"Yes. If I just had more lessons, then maybe—" Miguel started.

"No!" Carmen interpreted as she spoke loudly.

"It's not Sensei Lawrences fault. I just... I just wasn't ready."

"No. No more karate." She said, shaking her head.

"I should probably get going Miguel, it was nice seeing you guys. See you at school." Tessa said awkwardly, not enjoying listening to Miguel and his mother argue.

"Thank you, Tessa." Carmen said before Tessa walked out.

She sighed as she made her way home. Walking the streets of Reseda all the way to Encino.