chapter two

♈︎

i woke up to a dim light entering the room. i sat up slowly, the soreness and pain was making it hard for me to move.

"awake so early?"

i looked over to the blonde man, he was putting on tactical gloves, the same my brother wore.

"tell me your name." i demanded.

he chuckled, turning his gazed towards me.

"könig."

"german?" i curiously asked, admiring his body through his fitted shirt.

he nodded, getting up from his chair. he was huge. he was taller than the windowsill. he opened the curtains and walked over to a tray of stew with a loaf of bread. then slowly walked towards me setting the tray on my lap.

"eat, then we can talk about everything with soap."

i looked up at him in confusion. that name sounded so familiar but i can't recall from where i heard the name.

"i'm heading out for a hour, soap is going to come in here and keep a eye on you."

he walked out, with his heavy footsteps echoing through the room as he ducked under the door frame to get out.

i woke up once again, realizing i fell asleep. i stared at the clock, finishing the loaf. i heard muffled talking through the walls, a man with a english accent spoke.

the voice sounded familiar. he soon walked in through the door.

"ah your awake again! you seem better! how are you feeling?" he gave me a charming smile as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"i'm feeling better i guess." shrugging my shoulder. i knew he sounded familiar, soap was one of the men that my brother worked with and knew very well.

"lovely! we have to talk you know" he turned his gaze away from me. "your brother has been missing for a few months, it seems like hes gotten into it with the cartel. we have no clue why until we find him." he sighed, "if the cartel can't get him, they'll use you to get to him as bait."

i looked away, i hated hearing those words again. "i know soap."

"don't worry, you'll be safe here, especially with könig, imagine him as a personal body guard for now!" he gave me a reassuring smile to indicate everything will be fine.

i nodded, shuffling my feet in the blanket.
he soon stood up, "well then, while you sit here and make yourself at home with us, our medic klaudia will come check on you time to time, she's been taking care of you while you were out cold."

"okay." i looked back at him nodding.

a woman walked into the room with a smile on her face, "(y/n) goodmorning! i'm klaudia, im just here to check up on you."

"hi! thank you for taking care of me." i gratefully thanked her. she nodded at me, "of course honey! now just sit up straight if you can and im just going to change the bandage on your head."

i obeyed, trying not to flinch at the pain of the fabric pulling off of my cut. she worked slowly, trying not to hurt me.

"everything looks like it's healing nice, one of your ribs have been bruised pretty badly. i'm going to give you these painkillers for now, but they'll put you to sleep. but by next week you should be trying to stretch and move around more, but for now sit tight and try to relax." she said, wrapping my head back up with the bandage.

"okay, thank you again." i smiled at her and waved goodbye as soap and her exited the room, taking the pain killers to relieve my aches.

shortly after an hour, the door opened. i put down my book and seen a hand grabbing the of top of the door frame and a head ducking under.

"i'm back." könig grinned at me closing the door. "oh you again." i rolled my eyes, teasing him.

"don't like me already, no?" he smirked sitting down in his chair and slipping his boots off. "hungry?" he gazed at me. i shook my head no.

"i think i'm going to sleep the res of the day off though." i yawned, covering up watching the clock pass from 8:05 to 8:10. i finally closed my eyes and managed to get some rest.