chapter sixty

sorry for being gone so long :( i've gotten really sick but i'm doing better now :DD!!!

(schatz = sweetheart)

♈︎

i opened my eyes slowly, getting up and looking over at my phone to check the time. i huffed as it was only 2 am and got out of bed, walking over to the kitchen and grabbed coffee grounds to put into the coffee maker.

i rubbed my face, looking at the moon through the window slightly peak from the trees, looking at the stars. footsteps in the hallway made me turn, trying to see who was coming into the kitchen.

simon walked in, walking over to the fridge and grabbing a bottle of water, chugging it quickly. i realized his mask wasn't on, his face slightly unshaven and his hair rustled and parted in the middle. he placed the empty water bottle on the counter, closing the fridge without even noticing me yet. before he took a step he noticed the coffee machine on, taking a double look and then noticing me.

"you're still awake?" he grumbled, holding his hand over his mouth.

"i just woke up and made coffee for the morning?" i furrowed my brows, crossing my arms and huffing. "why are you awake?"

"felt the need to bother you." he shook his head. "i clearly came to hydrate myself."

"maybe if your room didn't feel and look like a swamp you wouldn't have cotton mouth at night." i rolled my eyes, looking over at the coffee machine.

"what? my room isn't a mess." he snapped, stepping closer to me.

"sure it's not."

"so are you awake because you have no one to sleep with you?"

"excuse me?" i turned my head quickly back towards simon.

"you've been restless since you've broken up with your austrian prince." he chuckled sightly, leaning against the counter and gazing towards me. his eyes were low and dark, piercing into my eyes with seduction.

"austrian prince?" i mocked, trying to avoid the other thing he said to me.

"you could always ask for someone to keep you company at night if that'll get you to sleep a full night." he shrugged his shoulders, moving closer to me and walking up to the coffee machine, leaning back to look into the coffee bowl.

"you're not sleeping with me." i looked up at him, unfolding my arms and resting my hand against the counter, tapping my finger impatiently.

he looked over at me and chuckled, looking back over to the coffee bowl and shaking his head. "i didn't say i was going to." he stepped back from the counter, and leaned against the fridge again. "is this a way for you to ask for my company?"

"what? i- i!" i huffed out of frustration, storming out of the kitchen and walking back to my room, shutting the door behind me.

i plopped onto the bed, crawling under the covers and looked over to the empty side of my bed. "of course he brings that up, why wouldn't he?" i whispered to myself. i stared at the empty space for a bit before sitting up and placing one of the pillows next to me. i laid on my side and grabbed the pillow, holding it close to me. "i don't need company, i have this.. pillow." i looked down at the pillow, squeezing it tighter as i felt my eyes get teary. i took a deep breath and sighed, rubbing my eyes.

i heard the doorknob turn, making me look up at my door. simon came into the room, looking down at me holding my pillow.

"you look pathetic."

"get the fuck out then." i snapped, throwing the pillow at him and turning over on my side.

"if you don't want me in your bed then i'll sleep on your floor if that means you'll stop hugging your pillows." he picked up the pillow from the ground and tossed it onto my bed. "what are you staring at?"