chapter fourty one

hellooo! guess who's back >:3

♈︎

soap sighed as he shut the door, tossing his back to the ground and flicking on the lights. "welcome to the barracks!" he chuckled awkwardly.

"it stinks.." i muttered, looking around the large room.

"yea, you can say that again." soap replied, looking over to me. he dragged his bag next to a bet and sat down on it. "start picking beds, or i'm just going to sleep in all of them."

simon rolled his eyes, carrying his bag to a bed cross from soaps. he sighed as he tossed the bag and looked around the room.

"oh and (y/n), simon will show you to the back for gear. im sure there's some that would fit you." he pointed to the room in the back.

i nodded, walking over to the room in the back and sighed out of disappointment. i looked around, seeing nothing but a empty small room with a painting on the left of the wall and a small door. "wow a pantry, funny joke soap."

simon came from behind, moving the painting and revealing a code lock that was behind it. he pressed in four numbers and i click from the door echoed through the room. "try now."

i twisted the door handle and slowly opened it. as i opened it, i peaked from behind the door as it revealed a room with armor and guns mounted on the walls. "oh come on! i definitely new that." i sarcastically shouted, face palming and walking into the room.

"hurry, we leave soon." simon spoke from behind me.

"alright." i snapped back, looking at the wall that had mounted armor.

"here, see if this will fit." he reached for the black vest at the top and handed it to me. "put it on."

i slipped into the armored vest and pulled it down slightly. "yeah this fits."

"great, i'm going to grab the rest of your things while you wait out there." he huffed, walking down to the helmets.

"oh- alright." i turned on my heel and walked towards the door, walking to a empty bed and placed my bag next to it on the ground. i sighed as i sat down on the bed, lifting my foot onto it and tightening my boots.

"(y/n)."

i looked up to see simon standing over me, holding out the gear and a black fitted shirt. "go change in the bathroom over there." he pointed to the near by bathroom.

i gave a slight smile and grabbed the gear, walking over to the bathroom. i walked inside, flicking on the lights and locked the door. i sighed as i looked in the mirror, looking at my cuts and scars around my face. i took off my shirt and slipped into the fitted black shirt. i tighter the belt to my tactical pants and pulled the vest over my head, fastening the straps and pulling it down.

"am i really doing this?" i whispered to myself, looking at myself in the mirror. i shook my head and sighed, grabbing the black balaclava and pulling down over my face. i inspected the black tinted night vision goggles and raised a brow. "why would i even need these?" i unlocked the bathroom door and held out the night vision goggles. "are you sure i need these?"

"yes!" soap shouted from the distance.

"oh..okay!" i sighed, shutting the door and grabbing the helmet from the ground. i slipped on the goggles to the helmet and put it on, buckling the helmet. i looked into the mirror and my mouth dropped. "i look like a fucking idiot.." i slipped on my gloves and looked down at my combat belt, resting my hands on it and reaching for my gun.

i inspected it for any dirt or grime before putting it back in the holster. i sighed and walked out of the bathroom, looking over to soap and simon.

"aw look at you!" soap exclaimed, walking over to me with his hands resting on his hips. "they grow so fast, don't they simon?"

simon let out a small huff, slightly rolling his eyes. "and you haven't."

"you calling me immature?"

"very."

soap chuckled, looking over at me to see if i laughed at the joke as well. i slightly smiled, walking back to the small bed that was next to simons. i huffed and took a seat, lifting my foot and resting it against the stand next to the bed, tying my laces. "so when is this mission happening?"

"we leave soon." soap replied, looking down at his hands and grabbing his bag, sliding it in front of his feet. "we should be off in a hour or so." he unzipped his bag, reaching into it and pulling out a lighter and flicking it till it sparked.

"what do you need that for?" simon snapped, looking over to soap.

"to ignite a few fuses!" he smiled, flicking the lighter again and letting the flame light up his side of the slightly dimmed room.

"for fucks sake.."