chapter fourty eight

(schatz = sweetheart)

♈︎

i woke up once again to the sound of bickering through the walls and a few bangs. it made me jolt up and quickly get out of bed, slipping on my pants and walking out of königs room. the sound of shouting and glass banging gotten loud as i gotten closer to the kitchen. i peaked around the corner and looked into the kitchen, watching könig arguing with soap and throwing glass against the wall.

he cussed and shouted in german, lashing out on soap.

"könig please-"

"sich verpissen (fuck off)!" he snapped, pacing back and fourth through the kitchen.

"please just listen!" soap shouted, slamming his hand against the counter.

könig stopped in his tracks and turned towards him.

"i wasn't aware that was going to happen but he mad some stupid excuse on why he did it." soaps eye contact never left königs eyes, holding his hands up in defeat. "i told her it's best if i tell you, you don't want her to see you like this.. do you now?"

könig broke his eye contact from soap, beginning to pace around the kitchen again. his chest heaved as he was breathing heavily. "scheisse (shit)." he muttered to himself, stopping at the wall and placed his hands against it, and sighing.

"i'll just talk to simon. maybe we can-"

"there is no fucking talking to him!" könig interrupted. looking back at soap and facing the wall again, punching it. it caused a loud thud to echo through the house.

i felt the guilt bottle up inside me. i heard foot steps come from behind me as i was peaking into the kitchen, making me turn and look up. price looked down at me and peaked into the kitchen, then looking back down at me.

he raised a brow and placed his hands on his hips. "wanna explain?" he whispered.

i shushed him quietly, peaking back into the kitchen. könig stormed out of the kitchen, swinging the back door open and walking out, slamming the door shut.

price and i walked into the kitchen. price eyed soap and then looked over at the wall. "i gotta pay for that now." he looked down at the glass all over the floor then looked back at soap disappointingly.

he brushed off price and walked up to me. "(y/n)." his breath hitched. he shook his head and face palmed. "he's gonna.. fuck man." he walked over to the counter, grabbing a glass and pouring himself bourbon. "he's not happy about the simon thing."

"what simon thing?" price immediately asked.

"simon thought it was fine to sleep in bed with (y/n). i told him i was going to tell könig." soap finished his shot of bourbon and looked at price. "obviously he didn't handle that well."

i sighed, closing my eyes and slowly walked out of the kitchen. i opened the back door and looked around outside to find könig. i shut the door behind me, stepping off the porch and walking down the trail. i continued to look around, hoping to find him soon.

"könig!" i called out, checking the obstacle course. i continued walking as i found him a little away from it. he was sitting down in the grass next to a tall tree. i slowly walked up to him and took a seat next to him. he kept his eyes forward, not making any eye contact with me.

"i know your upset with me."

"not with you."

he took a deep breath and closed his eyes. he opened them and rubbed the stubble on his face. "i thought he was my brother." he chuckled, looking down at his hands and shaking his head disappointingly.

i looked at his hands, reaching over and grabbing his hand, looking at the bruising get worse. "please stop hurting yourself." i moved his fingers, making him gently clench his hand into a fist to get a better look at his cuts. "especially over a jerk like him." i sighed, letting go of his hand.

he grabbed my hand, gently holding it. "i know." he looked down at our hands and then looked up at me. gazing into my eyes and furrowing his eyebrows. "but i won't."

"you will. it's clear he's just trying to make you upset könig."

"i've gave you my answer."

"you can't just keep beating yourself up over him."

"i have a problem with him, let me handle it!" he shouted, snatching his hand away and letting go of mine. he put his hand over his mouth, rubbing his stubble again. "i'm sorry."

i felt sorry for him. i felt a lump form in my throat, making it hard for me to swallow. "i feel like i'm causing problems ever since i got here."

"your not." he looked over to me, moving closer.

"no i am." a tear rolled down my face. my face felt hot, i could practically feel it turning red. "and it just feels like i'm tearing you apart, like your more emotional because of me." i wiped away my tears, looking down at my hands.

"no it's nothing like that-"

"it is könig. you were focused on your job and not on a girl like me." i started to break down the more i spoke, feeling my heart shatter each time i heard him deny it.

"that's different- i just worry about you." he completely turned to me, wiping away my tears.

"you shouldn't have to worry about anything but your job könig!" i rejected his help by moving his hand away and wiping my own tears.

he placed his hands on his lap and tilted his head. i looked into his eyes and seen every bit of sadness in him.

"what are you saying schatz?"

i broke eye contact from him and took a deep breath, sniffling and rubbing my nose.

"baby.. baby please." he grabbed my arms, slightly shaking me. i broke down even more from his pleading, making me feel even worse. "schatz- please don't."

"i'm sorry könig." i sobbed, completely giving in and crying out.

"no- no don't leave me please." he pleaded, holding me close to him and wrapping his arms around me.

i sobbed on his shoulder, pushing myself away from him. "könig please-"

"schatz- sweetheart please no.." he held onto to me tighter, making me completely give up on trying to squirm from him. "im sorry i'll do better for you, please?"

i sniffled, collecting myself and taking a deep breath. "könig we just need time apart from eachother, your draining yourself like this."

"no please-"

"könig!" i pushed him back, getting fed up. "just- your not listening!" i shouted, wiping away my tears. "you need time to yourself. im not leaving you."

he looked at me with confusion and sadness. "i don't understand.. then why are you doing this?"

"könig- you stress yourself out so much. once you feel like your happier enough, it'll be like we never took a break from eachother." i looked up at him, looking at his grey gloomy eyes. they were glossy, showing that he was trying to hold back tears.

"but i am happy." he whined.

his voice cracked as he tried to stop himself from crying. he grabbed my hands and held them to his face. "i'm happy, i swear."

"not with yourself." i wiped my tear away again and cupped königs cheeks with my hands, gently rubbing the stubble on his face with my thumbs. i placed a kiss on his face and stood up. "please i just want you to feel better, it hurts me watching you destroy yourself and your surroundings because of me."

he remained silent, watching me get up from the grass. i felt another tear roll down my face as i walked away from him, making my way back to the house.

♈︎

wir werden sehen || könig x reader ||On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara