chapter twenty

♈︎

i looked back at soap in confusion and nervously laughed, "what do you mean..?"

soap looked back down and tightened the rope around their wrists. "we're about to find out. soap pulled out his combat knife and stabbed the woman in her thigh. she screamed out in pain and put her head down. "why are you here?" soap leaned down to the woman with his hands behind his back.

"for the girl." the other woman spoke. looking over to her partner worth a worried look.

"names." soap stood straight up and paced back and fourth. "i need your names and whoever sent you here." he demanded.

"lia.. and this is sandra." she struggled to speak trying not to look at the lodged knife in her leg. "the man who sent us here was pedro guzman. he's the leader of the cartel, he wanted us here for her." she looked up at me with a scowl.

i'm my blood boiled when the words came out her mouth. i paced towards her and leaned down to her face to face. "what do they possibly need from me?"

she smiled, "curious aren't you?" she laughed and shifted in her seat.

i clenched my teeth, slamming my hand on the butt of the knife, making her scream in pain. könig put his hand on my shoulder to reassure me. "you can't even hold eye contact, i haven't seen my brother in years." i stood up straight, my breathing was heavy and my heart ran for miles.

"well lia and sandra, you two will be having some fun time with ghost." soap walked behind the chairs and dragged them down the hall.

"where are you taking me? let me go!"

"you got what you wanted!"

their voices grew more faint. i panted and buried my face into my hands, sighing.

"it's okay schatz (sweetheart)." könig came behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders. "let them handle in, you did well. let's go chat with price." he looked down at me and smiled.

i smiled and nodded, sighing before looking down and walking out to prices office. könig stepped forward and knocked on the door.

"come in."

könig opened the door and waited for me to walk in, coming in behind me. gaz and soap were seated in front of prices desk.

"you here about the spies too?" price rested his head on his fist, "they're here for you reids." price sighed. "they were trying to use you for ransom to get to your brother."

i felt my heart drop and a lump form in my throat. "when is this gonna end." i face palmed and paced back and fourth. "why me? why?"

"calm down (y/n)." gaz reassured.

"you calm down and shut the hell up!" i snapped, pacing back and fourth faster.

"we're leaving tomorrow at 0500. be prepared and get your things ready." price motioned us out his office.

könig placed his hand on my shoulder and walked me out of price's office. "it will be okay."

"it won't, this is all my brothers fault." i huffed and opened the bedroom door.

"please just don't stress it."

i stepped in the room and turned to könig "you don't stress it." i shut the door on him, locking and plopped on the bed. i held my knees against my chest and felt my eyes stinging with tears. "fuck.." i whispered to myself, feeling tears roll down my face.

"schatz (sweetheart).. open the door please.."

i felt my heart drop to my stomach. my hands were shaking and i sniffled. "no.." my breathing became heavier. my anxiety shot through the roof. i wasn't prepared for anything.

"(y/n). open the door." könig spoke in a stern voice.

i felt chills go down my spine. "are you mad at me?" i looked towards the door, his shadow was peaking from under the door.

"no. please, let me in."

"okay."

i wiped the tears off my face, trying to control my breathing. i unlocked the door and opened it. könig had his arm leaned against the top of the door frame and looked down at me, pulling me into him and wrapping his arms around me.

"i'm sorry i'm just-"

"shh.. listen." he spoke in a quiet tone, slowly rubbing my back to comfort me.

i took in a deep breath and listened closely. his heart beat was calm and faint.

"do you hear?" he looked down at me, rubbing his thumb on my back.

i nodded. my breathing slowed and i felt the anxiety slip off of me. i closed my eyes and listened for a minute.

"do you feel better now love?" he stopped holding me and looked into my eyes, planting a kiss on my forehead and cupping my cheek. "please don't push me away, i want to help you. always." he grabbed my face and kissed me everywhere imaginable on my face.

i couldn't help but to let out a giggle, pulling away from his grip. "okay, i promise." he smiled at me, and gave me another kiss on my cheek.

"i think your worked up from today, come to bed." he lifted me up and laid on the bed, laying me on top of him. "just lay on my chest and close your eyes."

i let out a deep sigh and closed my eyes. his heartbeat was steady and calm. his hand went underneath my shirt, feeling his hand slowly rub my back. "i'm kinda jealous how tomorrow has you stressed, that's my job." he giggled.

i smiled and let out a little giggle, "that's my job actually." he held me tighter. his hands slowly grazed my back, making me feel even more drowsy from my long day. before i knew, exhaustion took over.