chapter sixty four

(schatz = sweetheart)

♈︎

i looked at my neck in the mirror, looking at the large bruises on my neck that were slightly starting to yellow. i rubbed my neck, putting on my hoodie and walking out of the bathroom.

"ready?" soap stood up from the chair, grabbing the gown from my hand and placing it on the hospital bed.

i nodded, opening the door and waiting for soap to lead the way.

i followed behind soap out the doors of the hospital, looking around the parking lot.

"our ride is here, we'll be dropped off at the helipad and go straight home." he looked over to me, swinging his arm over my shoulder and holding me close to him.

we walked up to the black car. he opened the door for me, shutting it after i got in and got in the front seat. simon looked back at me, trailing his eyes down to my neck before looking back at the road and driving off.

♈︎

we finally made it to the helipad, i put my hoodie over my head and held it down as the helicopter slowly landed.

simon helped me up, climbing in shortly after. "it won't be a long ride, try and to get some rest while we fly!" he shouted over the helicopter propeller.

i nodded, trying to get comfortable.

time passed by, the chopper slowly landed, waking simon and soap from their sleep. i grabbed my stuff, quickly opening the door of the helicopter and running out towards the house. i swung open the door, running past the kitchen and quickly made my way to my room.

i slammed my door shut, locking it and taking off my hoodie and shoes. i threw myself onto my bed and crawled under my covers, covering my face and taking a deep breath. tears slowly rolled down my face but i quickly wiped them away, quietly crying myself to sleep.

i woke up, rubbing my eyes and walking into the the bathroom. i showered and brushed my teeth, put on my clothes and walked out of my bedroom shortly after.

i walked to the kitchen, sitting down at the table next to simon. he swiped through his phone quietly, focusing his attention in his phone. gaz was cooking, flipping something in the sizzling pan infront of us.

"goodmorning." simon grumbled, keeping his eyes in his phone.

"morning." my voice was still a bit husky, still cracking a bit when i talked and still sore. i sighed, looking over to simons phone. "where's könig?"

"isolation." gaz answered. he turned around, hovering the pan over a large plate and dumping the eggs and bacon on it. "he isn't doing good either."

"isolation?" i looked up to gaz with confusion.

"with the nurse that took care of you the first few times when you've been wounded of course." he wipes his forehead, placing the pan into the sink and grabbed plates, setting them down infront of us with a fork next to the plate. "she's allowed to visit him right?"

"no." simon quickly answered, not moving his eyes from his phone.

"don't you think that's the reason he's still acting like that? he might want to apologize-"

"we can not risk it gaz." simon cut off gaz, getting up from the table. "not hungry." he walked away, exiting the kitchen as he continued swiping through his phone.

i looked down at the food, putting some of it on my plate and taking a bite. i had a bit of difficulty swallowing, and quickly chased my food with water.

"he'll be back before you know it." gaz reassured. "maybe tomorrow you can visit him!" he gave me a slight smile.

i gave him a faint smile back, breaking eye contact and looking down at my food. i felt small little paws touch my thigh, making me look down. otto meowed and me, standing on his back feet and looking up at my food.

"did anyone feed my cat?" i grabbed a small piece of the scrambled eggs and held it infront of him, watching him sniff it then quickly snatch the egg from my hands.

"i would hope so, we were gone for a while." gaz replied, finishing his food and getting up from the island. he set his plate in the sink and wiped his hands with a paper towel. "i'm going to go lay on the couch." walking out of the kitchen.

i placed my plate on the floor, letting otto finish the rest of it. i walked over towards my room, looking over at königs room down the hall. i started walking towards it, opening the door slowly and looking around his room, messier than usual. i huffed, picking up clothes off of the floor and setting them on his bed and clearing clutter off of his dresser. i looked over to the pile of clothes on his bed and began separating the clean clothes from the dirty clothes. an urge ran through me, making me lift his black shirt to my face and taking a whiff.

i melted from his scent, yet felt so angered about the situation. i threw his dirty clothes in the basket and took his black shirt, walking out of his room and shutting the door behind me. i entered my room, shutting the door and throwing myself on top of my bed. i sighed, putting his shirt aside and grabbing my phone out of my pocket, unlocking it and started scrolling through instagram. i swiped past a few reels before the video paused from a incoming call from a private number.

i raised a brow, answering the call and putting my phone up to my ear.

"schatz..?"

my eyes widened and my heart dropped. i froze in place, not being able to think of how to respond.

"schatz.. i- im sorry." könig let out a sigh before continuing to stammer over his words. "i know you don't want to speak to me-" a man in the background, interrupting könig.

"you have two minutes, hurry up."

"give me a minute." he huffed again. "i'm sorry i did that to you.." i heard a small whimper come from him and a sniffle shortly after. "i didn't mean it." he sobbed. i heard rattling from a chain as he moved the phone away from him for a second, before speaking again. "you don't have to forgive me schatz."

"times up!" the man in the background shouted out.

"i love you schatz." he whimpered, ending the call.

♈︎