chapter fifty two

(teeny tiny time skip)

♈︎

i walked into prices office, shutting the door behind me. "you needed something?" i pulled out the chair and took a seat.

he took the cigar out his mouth, holding it between his fingers and rested his legs on his desk, groaning as he laid back in his chair. "you think you can live if i send you off again?"

"but we just got back from a mission-"

"yea and the job ain't done." he interrupted, taking a drag from his cigar. "you and the juggernaut take out the remaining cartel in the LA again."

"juggernaut?" i tilted my head in confusion, staring at price blankly.

he huffed, staring at me. "who's the biggest man you know here?"

"könig?"

"exactly!" he put out his cigar in the ashtray and slid it out his way. "we're thinking about putting him in a juggernaut suit. and considering how you did last week i think you'll do just fine." his lips curled up into a smile.

"right.. will it just be me and him?" i watched the smoke slowly float up into the air as the cigar slowly put itself out.

"no, i think simon and soap will join you too." he motioned with his hand for me to leave. "that's all." he dropped his feet down and sat up in his chair.

i stood up, turning on my heel and opening the door, shutting it behind me. "great." i muttered to myself, feeling irritated.

                                     ♈︎

i stared at my ceiling, pondering. i haven't talked to könig since the incident that happened two weeks ago. i felt stuck, wondering if i should text him or if it was just me relenting because he's been telling soap to talk to me for him.

i sat up on my bed, rubbing my eyes and sliding off the bed. i walked out my room and into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water. i sat down at the island, opening the bottle and taking a sip of water.

soap walked into the kitchen with a big grin on his face. he sat down at the island across from me and stared at me.

"uhhh... can i help you?" i looked at him, raising a brow.

"so könig and i-"

"nopeee! don't wanna hear it soap!" i huffed, doing a full body eye roll.

"pleaseee just listen." soap pleaded, giggling at me.

"what's funny?" i glared at him, watching him giggle. "soap are you drunk?"

"what? no.." he giggled nervously. "well i am buzzed."

i scoffed, rolling my eyes and pulling out my phone from my pocket.

"so you don't wanna hear my idea?"

"absolutely not."

soap sighed, putting his head down on the island top. he continued to mope around and sigh until i gave him the attention he wanted.

"alright, what's the big plan soap?" i shut off my phone, looking at his direction.

"i'm glad you asked!" he lifted his head, smiling at me with excitement. "since we're gonna have a juggernaut, könig- i mean i would.. deeply appreciate it if you painted the gas mask."

i hesitated before answering. "fine."

his eyes lit up, showing the excitement in his face. "yes!" he shouted, jumping out his seat and reaching over the island, hugging me. "you don't know how happy kö- i am." he corrected himself, clearing his throat and letting go of me.

"yeah yeah, but you're buying the paint." i teased, giggling at soap.

"right- what kind?" he looked at me confused.

"acrylic, what else?" i scoffed, raising a brow at him. his lips parted and he looked at me with worry. "im just teasing."

he sighed out of relief and chuckled. "right then. i'll get you your paint!" he roughly patted my shoulder, making me wince in pain. i smiled awkwardly and got up out of the chair, heading to my bedroom.

i walked past the small bathroom that was in the hallway, hearing shuffling from behind the door. i stopped in my tracks, remaining quiet and listened closely. i heard a low grunt, furrowing my brows as i was trying to process what i was hearing. i pressed my ear against the door, trying to hear better.

another grunt came from behind the door.

"fuck.. (y/n)." i realized what i was hearing, my eyes widened and my jaw dropped. i covered my mouth out of embarrassment and realized the familiar voice, simon. i stepped away from the door, walking backwards slowly. i stepped on a creaky floorboard, causing it to squeak.

"fuck." i mouthed, hearing the hallway go silent. i quickly rushed past the bathroom, sprinting into my room and shutting the door behind me. i tried to process what i heard and grabbed my pillow, screaming into it.

"ew ew ew ew!" i whispered to myself, feeling completely grossed out. "what a fucking creep!" i kept my tone low and threw my pillow onto the bed, plopping myself onto it and sighing loudly. my phone lit up as it dinged. i looked over and grabbed it off the nightstand, opening soaps message.

you okay? lol.

i recoiled, feeling even more embarrassed and awkward as i typed back.

all good lmfao

i shut off my phone, rubbing my face and closed my eyes, forcing myself to just sleep it off.

                                     ♈︎

i woke up to soap barging into my room, making me jump up and look over at him.

"soap what the hell?" i shouted in annoyance.

"i got- i got the paint." he panted, setting down the large box on the ground.

"well how much did you fucking get?" i looked at the box and back at him disappointedly.

"i'd say over a hundred colors." he rested his hands on his hips and took a deep breath. "i'll bring the gas mask- oh and there's two incase you don't like the first one." he walked out of my room, leaving my door wide open.

"great.." i huffed, getting out of bed and trying to move the box to the middle of the room. "holy shit this is heavy." i let go of the box as i gotten it as close to the middle of the room as much as i could. i opened the box, looking down at all of the paint bottles and the colors, a bag with a variety of paintbrushes and tools.

i slightly smiled, grabbing a few of the colors and looking at them.

i heard soap whispering near my bedroom door. i looked up at seen soap shove könig in my room. i raised a brow as he nervously smiled, walking over to me and setting down the masks infront of me.

"thanks." i grabbed the mask, holding it up as the sunlight from my windows hit it.

the silence broke as könig cleared his throat. "i was wondering-" he hesitated before finishing his sentence. "um.. can i help?"

i gave in, hearing his voice again made my heart melt everytime. "yeah." i smiled, grabbing a paint brush and handing it to him. he leaned down to grab it before sitting down in front of me on the floor.

                                     ♈︎