chapter thirty nine

sorry i haven't been writing lately- i've gotten busy :(( but i hope you are all okay and enjoying the chapters :D <3

♈︎

i woke up from feeling myself getting shook out my sleep, i opened my eyes and jumped up, looking up at soap who woke me up.

"we have to go." he whispered, looking down at me and motioned towards the door. "no time left."

i huffed and got out of bed, grabbing my bag and shoving clothes in it. i grabbed my combat belt and walked out the room, rushing out. i grabbed the brush left on the counter and quickly brushed my hair, tying it back in a ponytail. i walked out the back door and rubbed my eyes.

könig walked up behind me and kissed the top of my head, wrapping his arms around me. "goodluck, and be safe schatz (sweetheart)." he rested his chin on my head and swayed slightly side to side with me.

"i will, don't worry love." i placed my hand on top of his and held it, looking up into the sky and watching the helicopter from the distance.

"alright now (y/n), you'll get gear at your stop, it's required." price walked up to me and rested his hands on his hips.

"what do you mean?" i turned to him, looking up to him.

"you'll look like ghost just without the mask." he chuckled.

"great!" i sarcastically exclaimed, looking at my feet and sighing.

könig squeezed me a bit tighter and gave me another kiss. i looked up at him and smiled.

"you gonna save me again if i screw up?" i giggled, looking into his eyes.

he smiled under his mask and chuckled. "yea, i'll save you again schatz (sweetheart).
don't worry." he gently pinched my cheeks and looked up as the helicopter hovered over the spot it needed to land in.

i squinted my eyes as the wind hit my face, watching the helicopter land. i sighed and turned to könig. "well.. goodbye." i frowned, looking at the ground.

he lifted my chin and looked into my eyes. he pulled up his mask and pulled it over my head and kissed me under it. he pulled away and looked into my eyes again. "ich liebe dich (i love you)." he smiled, cupping my cheek and rubbing it gently with his thumb.

"i love you too." he pulled his mask from my head and adjusted it. he looked at the helicopter as it came down and sighed, placing a hand on my shoulder and squeezing my cheek again.

"see you soon schatz (sweetheart)."

i waved to him as i felt tears sting in my eyes and i walked up to soap, waiting for the ramp to slowly hit the ground.

"ready?" he leaned towards me, shouting over the propellers.

"sure!" i shouted back, looking back at könig. his head was looking towards the ground as he shuffled his foot in the grass, i bit my lip and looked back as the ramp was finally down. i put my bag over my shoulder and walked up to the ramp, walking inside the helicopter followed my soap and ghost.

"well then, i'll see you all on the other side!" price shouted, standing infront of the ramp and watching us take a seat.

ghost and soap nodded and i nodded back as well. i looked up to stop the tears from falling as i watched könig shake his head and pinch the bridge of his nose. he walked towards price and spoke to him. i sighed and looked down at my hands that were in my lap, twiddling my thumbs.

ghosts hand grabbed both of mine, gently squeezing. "don't beat yourself up, just focus on the task and you won't screw up again.". he let go and remained looking forward.

i sighed and rubbed my eye, watching the ramp slowly lift up. i held onto the handle bar was above the bench, holding it tightly.

"(y/n) are you afraid of flying?" soap questioned, watching me grip the handle bar.

"just a little.." i smiled slightly, the helicopter slightly jittered and i grabbed ghosts arm out of instinct. "sorry.."

his chest heaved as if he just finished running a mile. he looked over to me and looked forward again. i slowly let go of his arm and held onto the bench. i sighed and tried to relax, closing my eyes and managing to fall asleep.

♈︎

i woke up, slowly opening my eyes and getting a sore feeling in my neck, i looked over and realized i rested my head on ghosts shoulder, he never moved nor did i hear him complain. he looked down at me as he felt me move my head from his shoulder. i rubbed my neck and looked up at him. "sorry."

"your fine (y/n)." he looked over to me, looking down and sighing. "we're almost there."

i huffed and looked around. i looked at soap that was passed out in his seat, head tilted back and mouth wide open. "is he okay?"

"he sleeps like that daily." ghost shifted in his seat, brushing his leg against mine. i looked over and moved my leg from his. i sighed, closing my eyes, hoping time would go by faster.

i opened my eyes, not realizing a few hours passed by. i looked over to ghost sleep and soap still sleeping as well. i sighed and slouched in the bench, looking at my feet. i wiped the muck off my boot and tightened my laces. i huffed and played with my zipper on my hoodie. i heard snoring coming from next to me, looking over and watching ghost sleep with his head slightly down. i smirked, watching his chest heave as he lightly snores. "old man." i giggled and looked at soap, debating if i should get up. i got up from the bench and took a deep breath, slowly walking over to soap, feeling my heart run a mile as i felt the helicopter jitter again. i quickly sat next to soap and looked over to him. "soap!" i whispered. no response.

i grinned, grabbing a piece of string that hung off my hoodie, ripping it off and holding it up to his nose. i shook the string near his nostril, watching his nose twitch. i smirked, trying to hold in my laugh and continued touching his nose with the string. he rubbed his nose and continued his snoring. i slightly giggled, moving the string back to his nose and tickling it. he quickly shot up and rubbing his nose.

"bloody fuck!" he sneezed and looked over to me. "oh you asshole!" he chuckled, nudging my shoulder. "good one." he rubbing his nose again and sniffled.

i giggled and walked over back to my bench. "i didn't want to be the only one awake on this ride.

"a man needs his beauty sleep too, you know." soap chuckled, looking over a ghost. "you thinking what i'm thinking?" he looked over to me smiling.

"don't you fucking dare." ghost muttered, lifting his head up and sitting back in his seat. he crossed his arms and looked over to me.

i slightly smiled and looked back to soap, trying to hold in my laugh.

soap chuckled and looked over at ghost. "your no fun."

"your childish, even in battle."

"oh LT, you've always been a grumpy man." soap snickered.

ghost waved soap off and tilted his head up. "shut it, i'm trying to sleep."

"we're almost there, aren't we?" i looked to soap, pointing to his watch.

he looked down at his watch, looking back up and nodding. "just one more hour and we're there."

"great." i took a deep breath and exhaled, slouching in my seat again.

♈︎

the helicopter jittered as it landed, shaking as it landed on the ground. i sighed and stood up, stretching my back. "finally." i grabbed my bag and looked over at soap, who grabbed his bad as well. the ramp slowly lowered and made a loud thud as it hit the ground.

i walked out of the helicopter feeling the breeze hit my face, i sighed looking at my surroundings.

"ready?" soap looked over to me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"definitely."

"right, let's head to the base and prepare." ghost huffed, walking towards the door of the base.

♈︎