chapter twenty three

⚘ könig ⚘

i sighed, constantly looking at the clock. soap and ghost walked in the room.

"nice hotel." soap smiled, looking around the room. "where's price?"

i pointed to the other room, looking up at the ceiling.

"you look tense." soap walked over, sitting on the bed. "have you been like this the whole time?"

i glared at soap, pulling my mask down and looking back up.

he sighed, getting up off the bed and walking into the other room, loudly making himself known. "guys! have you seen könig? has he been like that the whole time?" the door shut, making his talking muffled.

everything around me felt cold, a pit formed in my stomach and my hands felt hot. "Scheiße (shit)." i turned over and looked back at the clock, it was only 7:40pm.

the door opened again. "what are you doing? get your ass in here." price shouted from the door and shut it.

i got up off of the bed and walked over to the door, opening it.

"you've met alejandro right?" price pointed him out. he nodded his head and sat back in his seat. i looked away from him and met eyes with price.

"erm.. alejandro this is könig." price raised his eyebrows and leaned forward, crossing his fingers. "we're leaving soon. könig i'm trusting you and alejandro with the snipers, ghost and soap will be on foot, me and gaz will get the back." price cleared his throat and shifted in his seat. "am i clear?" he shouted aggravatingly.

i nodded, turning on my heel and opening the door.

"könig."

i turned my head and took a look at price.

"when we go out there.. try your best to stay in control." price grabbed a cigar and put it to his mouth, lighting it.

i nodded again and walked out. walking over to the bag and grabbing the sniper case, tossing it on the bed.

i decided to pass the time by cleaning it. i opened the case and pulled it out, holding the barrel and looking around for any muck.

alejandro came out of the room. "so you ready?"

i glared at him and looked back down, cleaning the sniper off with a cloth.

"don't talk much?"

"he barely talks, especially when she isn't around." ghost interrupted. "best if you just give up on convo, you won't get one out of him." ghost walked out of the door followed by soap.

alejandro sighed and gave me a slight smile. i met eyes with him, "so is that yours?"

i sucked my teeth and looked back down, finishing wiping off the sniper, putting it back in the casing carefully, zipping it up.

i walked towards the bathroom and opened the door, ducking under the frame and closing the door, locking it.

i sighed and pulled off my mask, leaning on the sink and looking into the mirror. i fixed the eye make up and put the mask back on.

i walked out the bathroom and looked around. i checked my bag and couldn't find my helmet. i walked into the room price was still in and stood in front of him. "my helmet."

price grabbed the helmet from under the table and handed it to me, snatching it back before i could grab it. "i mean it when i say don't lose control."

i glared at him and furrowed my eyebrows.

"könig you caused a scene at the base when it came to her. i can imagine anyone else doing it and you killing them, don't. lose. control." price nodded and raised his eyebrows. "understood?"

i nodded. he handed back the helmet and i walked out, putting the helmet on.

"time to go." i walked towards the door.

alejandro hesitated before he moved and grabbed the other sniper, walking towards the door. i opened it and walked down the hall, towards the stairs.

"so you do talk." alejandro snickered, stomping behind me.

i stopped in my tracks, alejandro tripped trying to stop behind me. i turned my head and side eyed him. "why are you stomping?" i turned back around and opened the doors to the staircase, walking down.

"that's my fault, heavy feet." his laugh and smile faded as he realized it wasn't working with me and got quiet.

i opened the door that led to the back of the hotel, walking towards the street. "van is down the street."

alejandro struggled to keep up the pace with me, jogging towards me and speed walking after. "you walk fast."

i kept my eyes forward and continued walking. the van finally pulled up to the curb and flashed its headlights.

i walked across the street and opened the door, getting inside. alejandro sat in the back and looked around before getting comfortable.

the van pulled over to the curb. i opened the door and stepped out, looking at the building ahead.

"are we good here?" alejandro stepped out, looking at the roof of the building.

i nodded and went to the side of the building, climbing the stairs that led to the roof. i huffed as i got on the roof and walked over ner the ledge, getting on my knees and setting down the sniper and unzipped the case.

alejandro soon walked towards me, panting and setting down the sniper.

i set the sniper up and attached the suppressor. i looked into the scope and hoped to find open windows in the building. i looked over to see alejandro doing the same. i sighed and looked back into the scope.

"so, who's the new girl."

my breathing became heavier as i felt my hands get got. i focused in the scope and tried to tune out alejandro.

"is she your girlfriend? you know different class is prohibited."

"why does it matter to you?" i snapped back, slowly moving the scope to another window that had movement.

"just curious.. she must be pretty huh?" he chuckled.

"she's not for you." i raised my voice. huffing again and moving the scope back to the second story window.