chapter twenty five

♈︎

i coughed and struggled to breath. "get off of me.." i stomped on oso's foot.

he yelled out in pain and tightened his grip around my neck. "you little bitch!" he looked up from a abrupt sound, a loud creak came from the hallway. "whose out there? show yourself or the little bitch gets it!"

a sudden crash from the window on the left startled the both of us, glass being flung everywhere from it. oso looked over and suddenly been tackled by the tall black figure. i quickly crawled away and stood up, looking over at them.

"leave! now!" könig looked over his shoulder, sitting on top of oso and glared at me. he turned his attention back on oso and snapped his neck. könig huffed and was breathing heavily. he looked back over to me and stood up, pacing towards me.

he quickly lifted me off of the ground and rushed towards the stairs, the front door being blocked from the collapsed ceiling and wreckage. he quickly looked over to the other room, wheezing.

he kicked down the door and set me down, trying to pull up the window before noticing it was sealed shut. he groaned, "move back."

i quickly stepped back as he punched the window open, shattering glass everywhere and shaking his hand. he quickly grabbed my wrist, "climb, now."

i climbed through the window and fell to the ground on my back. i coughed and wheezed, rolling on my side in pain.

könig sat besides me and looked at me. i met eyes with him and sat upright. he gazed into my eyes and grabbed me, pulling me in and tightly hugging me. "fuck.. fuck.. i thought i lost you." he held me tighter.

"i'm sorry to have you worried.." i felt tears sting my eyes and felt my face get hotter than it was near the fire.

"shit.. come on we have to go." könig let go of me and met my eyes again before standing up and holding his hand out for me.

i grabbed his hand and he gently helped me get up. he led me back to the van. the van door quickly opened and soap stepped out. his eyes widened and his mouth dropped. "(y/n)?!" he rushed over to me and hugged me tightly. he pulled away and looked into my eyes "shit.. i didn't want to leave you back there, i has no choice but to tell könig. no one else did."

i blankly stared at soap and slightly stammered, "they didn't tell anyone?"

"no time, let's go home." könig put his hand on my shoulder gently and opened the van door for me.

soap pat my back and walked to the van, hopping in. i walked over to the van and stepped inside, moving over and making room for könig.

i felt a tear fall down my cheek as ghosts words repeated in my mind. i sniffled and looked down. i felt a hand raise my chin, könig looked at me and wiped my tears.

"it's going to be okay schatz (sweetheart)." he let go of my chin and looked into my eyes. i tried to swallow with the lump in my throat and felt tears rushing down my face. i laid my head in königs lap and closed my eyes, trying to silence my crying.

könig placed his hand on my head and ran his fingers through my hair. "shh.. it's okay." he reassured, gently stroking my hair.

♈︎

i woke up from a hard stop from the van and jumped out of my sleep.

"shit!" the driver shouted, putting the van in reverse and speeding up.

"what's going on?" i looked out the window to see an unmarked vehicle following us. "are we being followed?"

soap quickly cocked his handgun and looked back at me, "i think so." he opened the window and looked out in the mirror and started firing. "who thought it was a good idea to separate?"

"alejandro." könig replied. he looked to the right and seen a car catching up to the side of the van. he cocked his handgun and rolled down the window. "put your head down."

i quickly put my head down and looked over. könig fired and huffed, "i didn't have a good grip, my gun is jammed." he threw the gun out the window and grabbed the one under the seat and continued firing.

the van drove off faster, hitting hard turns. "hang on, we're going to make it to the helicopter." the driver huffed and hit another sharp turn.

"for fucks sake." soap bellowed. he grabbed his walkie-talkie and called out for price. "i don't know what made you think listening to alejandro was the best idea, but we're in trouble."

"what?" price quickly responded. "what do you mean trouble? where are you?"

soap looked into the mirror again and looked around for street signs, lifting the walkie-talkie up to his mouth. "las cruces."

price replied, sighing before he spoke. "whatever you do, don't lead them to the helicopter."

soap put the walkie down and huffed. he punched the dashboard and looked out the window. "coast is clear, but seems too quiet."

the van took a couple of turns before heading the way which the helicopter was located.

"alright, we're almost there." soap looked out the window again and shifted in his seat.

i looked over to könig, wiping off the hand gun. his eyes shifted towards me and winked. i smiled and he placed his hand under my chin, rubbing it with his thumb. "we'll be home soon schatz (sweetheart)."

the van pulled over a little away from the helicopter. könig and soap stepped out of the van, shutting the door. i quickly opened the door and rushed out, walking towards the helicopter.

"(y/n)! i'm so glad your okay!" gaz shouted excitedly, walking towards me. i glared and him and walked past, keeping forward.

i walked over to price and stood in front of him. he lit his cigar and walked over to my shoulder, placing his hand on it and getting closer to my ear. "i'll have a word with those two before könig rips their heads off." price smiled and patted my back, walking towards gaz.

i looked over my shoulder and seen price speaking to gaz. gaz nodded a few times and replied. i looked back, looking into the distance and noticing a black figure afar.

"what the hell?" i shaded my eyes from the sun, trying to get a better look. my heart dropped as the figure turned out to be a car. i quickly turned and shouted, "there's a car coming!"

soap quickly ran over to me and looked ahead. "isn't that alejandro and ghost?"

price slowly walked over and stopped in his tracks, his eyes widened and he took the cigar out his mouth as the car got closer and closer. "that's not them!"

"shit." soap muttered, grabbing my arm and leading me back to the van.