chapter sixty one

hi sorry for the wait, i've been getting really sick lately bc my immune system sucks dick :< (schatz = sweetheart)

                                     ♈︎

i loaded my bags onto the plane and sat down on the bench near soap. i let out a sigh, crossing my arms and closing my eyes.

"still tired?" soap nudged me with his shoulder.

"no i just like looking at my eyelids." i replied sarcastically.

                                     ♈︎

the plane jittered, causing me to jump out my sleep and grab the bar for support. i panted heavily and looked around, seeing everyone asleep. the red light inside the plane hurt my eyes a bit, i shielded them from the light with my hand and took a deep breath.

"fuck." i whispered to myself, catching my breath and relaxing finally. i grabbed my phone out my bag and opened it, clicking my photos and going through them. i smiled, scrolling past pictures of könig and otto, soap and simon and a couple of gaz. i seen a picture of me and my brother, a photo i took before he disappeared.

i looked at the picture for a bit, feeling myself tear up. i wiped my eyes and shut off my phone, letting out a long sigh and closing my eyes.

                                     ♈︎

"reids!"

i jumped out my sleep, simon shook me and grabbed me, pulling me out my seat. "time to go."

"fuck." i rubbed my eyes and squinted, holding my hand up to shield me eyes from the sun as it was setting. i grabbed my bag and walked out of the helicopter, throwing my bag over my shoulder.

"are you ready schatz?" könig looked down at me, fixing his mask over his face.

"not really."

"i tried to wake you up but you were sleeping too heavy." he chuckled, grabbing my bag off of my shoulder and throwing it over his.

"i was really tired, sorry about that." i looked up at him, shielding my eyes still.

"it's fine, we have to get our gear on, we're leaving right after." he cleared his throat, watching the helicopter slowly raise off the ground.

"what?" his words finally hit me and i looked at him with surprise.

"we can't waste any time anymore, we leave right after!" simon shouted over the helicopter. "let's go! in the base now!"

we walked inside, setting down our bags and met alejandro there.

"you guys finally made it." he walked over to the left side of the room, grabbing gear off of the rack.

"someone help könig in that juggernaut armor." soap grumbled, walking over to the wall and grabbing his gear.

"i'll do it." i walked over to könig, he stared at his gear on the wall with a blank stare. i pulled off his mask from behind, he turned and looked at me.

"how am i gonna get in that?" he whispered, looking back at the wall.

i looked at the gear and back at könig. "we'll just start from the bottom and work out way up."

i finally helped könig put on his armor and tightened a few straps. "can you even walk in that?"

"i'm sweating."

i giggled, walking over to the wall where soap was and grabbed the body armor off the wall. i tightened the straps on my knee and elbow guards and looked for my helmet.