chapter sixty five

(schatz = sweetheart)

                                     ♈︎

i laid there for a bit with my mouth completely open in schock. i slowly put my phone down, shutting it off and stared up at the ceiling, watching my ceiling fan slowly spinning.

i shot up from my bed, walking out of my room and sprinting towards the living room. i walked up to gaz that was lying on the couch.

he looked over to me with a concerned look. "are you okay? you look like you've just seen a ghost." he sat up, looking up at me from the couch.

"i want to visit könig."

                                     ♈︎

"you can't tell anyone i took you here." gaz looked away from the road and looked at me for a second.

"i won't." i replied, looking out of the window as we passed the trees quickly.

"are you sure you want this?" he cleared his throat, slowing down as we pulled into the parking lot of an institution.

"im sure." i unbuckled my seat belt, quickly getting out of the car.

gaz shortly got out of the car too, walking towards the front doors of the institution. "just let me talk." he whispered as we gotten closer to the front desk.

"how can i help you?" the woman at the front desk asked, looking over to me then gaz.

"we're here for a visit." he cleared his throat, looking down at his watch.

"okay, and for who?" she looked down at her computer, typing away at the keyboard.

"könig." he looked at the woman in confusion and she slowly looked up at him with concern.

she hesitated before speaking, "i don't think he's stable enough for visitations right now.."

"i understand that, but we just need to see how he's holding up." he replied aggressively.

she flinched a bit, typing in her computer. "can i get your names?" she smiled.

"gaz and (y/n)."

"great, someone will be here shortly to escort you." she gave us a slight not and a smile before looking back down at her computer and grabbing the telephone. "i have visitors for könig." she was silent for a bit before speaking again. "mhm, okay- thank you." she looked back up at us and looked over to gaz. "they'll be here shortly."

we waited for a bit before a man appeared with a clipboard, looking down at the paper.  "gaz?"

gaz looked over to the man, grabbing my arm gently. "come on." we walked over quickly to the man, following him behind as he took us to an elevator, taking us up to the third floor. we followed behind as he walked up to a door, holding his key card in front of the reader. a loud buzzing noise echoed in the halls. he opened the door, letting us walk in first before taking a seat in a chair next to the door. "i'm only here for his and yours safety.

gaz nodded at the man. i looked at könig, looking down at the table as his feet and legs were chained up. we walked over to the table, sitting across from him.

"so könig.. how're you holding up buddy?" gaz broke the silence, nervously smiling at könig.

könig continued looking down at his hands, not saying a word. i took a deep breath, placing my hand on his.

his eyes moved, looking at my hand. he quickly lifted his head and stared at me for a bit as his eyes slowly lit up. his eyes were surrounded by dark circles, his face covered in small marks and a few scratches.