chapter twenty four

♈︎

"hey! hey! wake up!"

i lifted my head and looked up to oso and tilted it in confusion. "i was resting."

"yea no time for that he's coming back." he scoffed, leaning back in his chair and crossing his arms.

the door opened, the man came inside with a cigarette in his hand.

"how many times do you smoke?" i questioned, looking at the light cigarette smoked to the bud.

he raised his eyebrows and shrugged. "i don't know, daily." he smiled, putting the cigarette in his mouth. "well it's official, you belong to me now."

oso looked over. "they found amir?"

"not quiet yet but they have an idea. a deal is a deal." the man coughed before walking over to oso.

"what fucking deal?" i looked over to oso then back to the man.

"nothing, he turns himself in or we take you." he shrugged, flicking the cigarette on the ground and stomping on it.

i sighed and put my head back down. "what time is it?"

"about 8pm." the man spoke.

i looked back up and looked at the nearest window, the curtains were closed and there was no light coming out. "okay."

the man leaned closer to oso and whispered something. "what are you talking about tio?" oso looked over to the man.

he chuckled and walked towards the door, opening it and waving to oso before he turned "keep an eye on her." he shouted and slammed the door shut.

he sighed looking to the ground.

i shook my leg out of annoyance, looking at the window. "it's smells like cigarettes. can you open the window?"

oso looked over to the window and back at me. "you smell like one what's the problem?"

"i have asthma." i slightly coughed, looking up at oso. "please it just stinks i really can't handle the smell."

he sighed and hesitated for a moment. he stood up out of the chair and walked towards the window, opening the curtains and lifting the window up. the cold breeze instantly hit my face and i sighed out of relief.

"happy?" he held his arms out and hit them against his thigh. i looked out the window and seen a light reflect from the distance.

my heart instantly dropped. i heard commotion from the downstairs and furrowed my eyebrows.

oso stopped in his tracks and listened to the commotion. "i'll be back." he paced towards the door and opened it, running out and slamming it shut.

i quickly got out the chair and looked out the window, the light reflected twice. i smiled and laughed out of relief, "finally."

i looked over to the lamp that was next to the window. i touched the lightbulb and burned my finger. "fuck.." i quickly out my finger in my mouth and looked around. i seen a bundle of papers on the nightstand and quickly ran towards it, ripping off a chunk and walking back to the lamp. and putting the paper next to the bulb.

i walked back to my chair and sat down. i the commotion stopped and i heard footsteps coming back up. the door opened and oso walked in.

"sorry about that, had to take care of something." he smiled and sat in the chair infront of me.

"that's nice." i looked at the ground, observing the dark dry stains that were in the carpet.

"i don't expect you to be in a good mood, but you don't sound so interested in talking to me." he leaned forward in his chair and looked into my eyes.