chapter twelve

⚘ könig ⚘

i huffed, following behind price.

he stopped and turned, "you two need to get a grip, we've got intel on reid's brother."

my eyes widened, feeling the color flush out my face.

"so what's going to happen now?"

"you'll find out in the meeting room." price turned and continued walking, opening the door.

soap, gaz and ghost were all sitting. i ducked under the door, shutting it then pulling out the chair and taking a seat.

"now, seems like our good friend amir thought it was a smart idea to not only to steal from the cartel, but kill most of them." price sternly spoke, walking towards the end of the table. "what i'm saying is, he had an old friend that used to fool around with (y/n), they went separate ways but the boy was still crazy eyes for her. which, now we all know, caused him to retaliate."

"how do you know this?" gaz looked up at price, puzzled.

"we've got a recording of one of the calls with armin and this 'oso' guy, he threatened him, killed his men and stole from him, they took his sister." price paused a moment.

i felt my anxiety trickling from the head down. my blood boiled. guy? what guy? i tried to shake it off, tapping my finger against the table.

"we've heard that they're heading to new mexico to do their normal deals and bring coke back here in michigan and that this 'oso' should be there as well. we've got a week to plan something out then we're on the move."

my hearted sank. i couldn't bare leaving (y/n) all alone here.

"what about the girl?" ghost was leaned back in his chair with his arms crossed.

"i don't quite know yet, it's too dangerous to bring her."

gaz stood up, "she can't be alone here, she can probably be useful in the mission."

"are you saying we use her as bait?" soap turned his head, giving gaz a shocked look.

"we could use her to lure oso and we can use her to get intel from this oso guy." gaz leaned on the table with his hands holding him up.

"not a chance. i'll stay behind with her." i glared at gaz. i can't let her get harmed.

"i'm sorry könig but gaz might be right." price crossed his arms, looking down. "i'm not proud of it but she just might be helpful."

i scoffed, tapping my finger a bit faster. "and if they hurt her again?"

"the man with her wasn't oso, maybe he's more gentle on her than her men are when he isn't around." price sighed before taking a seat. "we have to plan this out carefully and quickly. get the girl in, and get her out."

ghost gave price a nod, standing up the walking towards the door, "i'll be in my room if anyone needs something." ghost turned back around, shutting the door.

"very well then. we'll train her then bring her with us." price motioned his hand for us to get out.

soap and gaz soon got up and walked out the door, i waited a bit before i got up to leave.

"i know you care about her könig, but this is the only way to keep her safe."

i looked up at price, my blood boiled. i quickly got up out of the chair and stomped towards the door, slamming it shut on my way out.

soap walked up to me, putting his hand on my shoulder. "are you alright mate?"

"no."

i walked towards the back door in the kitchen, soap followed me like a lost puppy.

"look we can work on this together and keep her safe, as long as we do it smartly." soap spoke in a reassuring voice.

i stopped in my tracks, "why do you care? you all just think she is going to distract me from my job." i continued, walking over to the shooting range and picked up the m9.

"look, i believe when you say she's not, and your right. but i have a plan that will make us all do this the safe way." soap glared at me. "könig."

i looked at him and looked away before aiming into the target.

"seriously?? könig!" soap raised his voice, getting frustrated that i was ignoring him.

"i get it you-"

"you do not get it!" i snapped at soap, quickly taking a step back and trying to collect myself. "you do not get it, soap. leave me alone. please." i looked down before turning again to the target.

soap put his hands in the air defeat, walking backwards before turning on his heel and walking away.

i sighed, controlling my breath before firing the gun.