chapter fourty two

♈︎

i huffed as i stared at the dusty ceiling fan. hours passed and it felt like i've been waiting for an eternity. "when do we go? i want to get this done and over with."

"when we're told to move, stop your whining." simon grumbled.

i looked over to simon, watching him scroll through his phone. he looked over to me, glaring at me. "can i help you?" he huffed, looking back down at his phone.

"uh- no." i rolled my eyes, looking back up at the ceiling and sighing. i felt the room get quieter each second. "where's soap?" i looked over to ghost again, glaring at him.

he looked up from his phone and scanned the room. "what the.. soap, where the fuck did you go?"

i sat up, looking around the room and getting off of the bed, checking the bathroom and the weapon room. "where the hell did he go?" i looked over to simon with worry.

he glared at me and closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "relax, soap is fine. he's probably outside testing his fucking lighter and fuses."

"then i'm going to go check."

"go ahead." simon shook his head and laid back on his bed, looking at his phone again.

i stepped outside, slamming the door shut behind me and looking around for soap. "soap! soap!" i yelled out. "soap!" i looked out to the distance, hopeless on finding soap. i sighed and turned back to the door, feeling my body press against another persons body. a hand covered my mouth before i could scream and take a look. it was soap, he had a serious look on his face.

he brought his fingers to his lips and shushed me. "someone's here.." he whispered. looking around before removing his hand from my mouth. "go back inside, tell simon."

i slowly and quietly opened the door, walking inside. i looked over to simon as he glared at me as i came inside. "what?"

"we have to go." i spoke sternly, walking back out and standing next to soap with simon following behind.

"start moving forward, i'll meet you guys ahead." soap drawn his gun, scanning the area. simon began walking down the path ahead to the nearby road.

"are you sure? it's getting darker out, we can help." i looked over to soap, his eyebrows were furrowed and he was slightly sweating. he huffed and looked over to me, before he could speak simon gripped my wrist and began walking again.

"let's go, quit being a brat." he grumbled, pulling me closer to him as he walked.

"you can let go now!" i grunted as he squeezed my wrist tighter, i tried to slip out his grasp but he had a good grip. "i'm not going to turn around, let go!"

he stopped in his tracks and turned to me, pulling me even closer to him. he looked down as he towered over me, "i told you, quit being a brat." he turned on his heel and continued walking towards the road. "i'll think about letting you go then."

as time passed, i huffed. stumbling as i tried to keep up with him. "we've been walking for 10 minutes, where's soap?" my wrist became sore the more he held onto it.

"he'll turn up, he's probably behind since we've left before him."

"can you let go simon?" i stopped in my tracks, feeling my feet slip against the dirt as he dragged me forward. "please?"

"i told you, until you stop acting like a brat i'm not letting go." he yanked me forward, forcing me to walk again. "begging me isn't going to help you either." he grunted, slowing down his pace.

"my wrist really hurts, how am i gonna go into combat like this?" i groaned, tried to break free from his grip again.

"your needy." he stopped walking, looking ahead at the black van that was getting closer to us each second. the van stopped and the windows slowly rolled down, revealing an unknown face i didn't recognize. the back window then rolled down, showing a man with a big smile on his face. soap snickered as he rolled down the window.

"found you guys! get in." soap exclaimed, unlocking the door and scooting over.

"do you want to explain what the fuck that was for?" simon bellowed, opening the car door and shoving me inside. he sat down looking over to soap and eyeing him.

"well, someone was around the bunker, but i don't know why." soap looked out the window. "after i spotted him i chased after him.. but he ran off into the trees, i thought they were going to run into you two so i called fresco our driver, to help me look for you two." fresco turned around and looked back over to the both of us, giving us a nod.

"alright fres, start moving." soap demanded, turning to me and grabbing both of my hands. "alright (y/n), are you prepared?"

i looked down at his hands holding mine and gave a slight smile. "yeah, i'm ready."

soap smiled and nodded. before letting go, simon looked behind me with a shocked look. he let go of my hands quickly n turned. i turned my head to catch a glimpse of simon eyeing me down, taking a second look and staring at him back.

"um- can i help you?" i scoffed.

simon turned his head towards the window and shook his head.

"no."

                                     ♈︎