chapter fourty nine

♈︎

i wiped away my tears as i entered back into the kitchen, walking over to the table and buried my face into my hands. i sniffed, wiping my nose and heard a small bell jingled next to me. i looked down at the ground, watching otto walk up to my feet. otto meowed and looked up at me before jumping on the island and sitting. i rested my chin on my hand and scratched behind his ear.

"i don't make you sad do i?" i mumbled to otto. he meowed, licking his paw and rubbing his paw on his face. "i think i was too harsh on könig." i sighed, slightly pulling down his green collar and adjusting it.

"does otto talk or are you slowly losing it?" gaz teased as he walked into the kitchen.

"both." i sarcastically responded, watching him open the fridge and grab a carton of orange juice.

"oh that's fun!" he chuckled, grabbing a cup and pouring the juice. "want some?"

"no thanks."

he shrugged his shoulders, putting the juice back in the fridge and taking a sip from the cup. "oh and tell könig to have his tantrums outside.. i stepped on glass twice earlier." he sat down at the island across from me and pulled out his phone.

"yeah.." i mumbled, looking back at otto and petting him again.

simon walked into the kitchen, sitting down at the island next to gaz and took a glimpse at me.

i stared back at him and tilted my head. "can i help you?"

he leaned forward, resting his arms on the marble. he chuckled, looking away from me and shaking his head. "that man's got a temper on him." he hollered teasingly.

"get a fucking grip simon." i got up from my seat and walked around the island. the back door opened slowly, revealing könig ducking under the door frame. i stopped in my tracks to avoid bumping into him. i turned on my heel and quickly walked out of the kitchen.

"(y/n)!"

i jumped as soap popped up around the corner, standing infront of me.

"yes?"

"where's simon? i told him not to leave the weight room until i talked to könig again." he placed his hands on his hips and huffed out of annoyance.

"oh.. yeah um- about that.."

his eyes widened and he quickly stormed into the kitchen. i followed behind, hoping könig didn't freak out from being around ghost in a situation like this.

soap turned to me and looked at me with confusion. könig was gone and soap and simon seemed completely calm.

"he was just here." i whispered, shrugging my shoulders.

soap sucked his teeth and shook his head, walking to the island and taking a seat.

i walked out of the kitchen, thinking of just sleeping today off. i entered my bedroom, throwing myself on the bed and staring at my ceiling.

                                     ♈︎

my eyes slowly opened, still feeling heavy. i sat up in the darkness, hearing commotion again. this time it sounded like tussling from outside.

i walked out of my room, expecting to see könig and ghost going at it as soon as i stepped outside. i opened the back door, looking out and seeing nothing. i furrowed my brows, peaking my head out and looking to the left and right.

"hm." i shut the door, locking it and walked over to the fridge. i grabbed a bottle of water and opened it. the cracking of the cap echoed in the silence. i took a few sips and walked back towards my room.

i sat on my bed, sitting against the headboard and grabbing my phone off the dresser, looking at the time. it was a little past 11pm, i unlocked my phone after looking and opened instagram. i scrolled through my posts, smiling at my old memories.

i came across a old picture of me and my brother. i clicked the photo, seeing his account tagged in it. i instinctively pressed it and scrolled through his posts. my smile slowly faded as i felt even more upset the more i scrolled. i closed out of instagram and tossed my phone next to me. i sighed, looking towards my window.

i noticed something moving by the trees as i looked out from my bed, making me sit up and squint my eyes to see a little better. i noticed movement again. i slowly got out of bed and walked up to my window, looking out of it and into the trees. i noticed a reflection, a hint of light in the bushes.

my heart sank to my ass. i quickly ducked down, hearing a bang and the glass shatter. the glass fell down on me, cutting my back as it fell. i bellowed in pain, getting on my knees and crawling towards my nightstand, opening the drawer and grabbing my gun and tucking it in my waistband behind my back. i crawled out of my room, getting back up on my feet as i started to quickly run over to soaps door.

"what the fuck happened?" soap questioned as he opened his door, watching me pant and trying to catch my breath.

"someone's- someone's here.." i struggled to get out my words as i was having trouble breathing.

"relax, are you hurt?"

"not really."

soap walked back into his room, grabbing his hand gun and tucking it behind his back in his waistband.

price and gaz quickly rushed out of their rooms. price slammed his office door shut and looked at me and soap.

"someone's here." soap whispered, looking at price.

gaz's eyes widened, showing the concern in his face. gaz and price rushed back to their rooms, taking a moment before coming back out.

"well let's fine those pricks." price spoke in a stern tone, walking towards the kitchen with gaz.

"(y/n). do you have your weapon on you?"

i nodded pulling my gun out from my waistband, pointing it down to the ground.

"good, stay close to me." he looked away from me and crouched, staying close to the wall as he walked towards the kitchen. i followed behind closely, keeping my gun low as well as my head. he quickly moved into the kitchen, ducking under the window.

price stayed down next to the cupboards, having his back against it as he loaded his pistols.

i crawled next to price and sat down. "where are the others?" i looked around, trying to find them somewhere in the kitchen. i realized they weren't there so i looked back at price.

"gaz is in the front, making sure no one gets in through there, könig would be in the attic with the sniper if he heard that gun shot."

"and simon?" soap asked quietly.

"simon.. i'm not sure." price huffed, cocking back his gun and inspecting it.

the silence broke as a unfamiliar voice from outside echoed.

"you killed many men of mine! maybe i should return the favor for you!" the unknown man shouted. "you don't want that do you?"

"fuck!" price frustratedly muttered to himself.

"they've got alejandro!" soap kneeled back down from peaking out the window and looked over at price and i.

price growled, standing up and slowly walking over to the door.

"you'll get killed!" i shouted, watching him turn the doorknob.

"just watch my six."

                                     ♈︎