chapter thirty

♈︎

i walked out the door and shut it behind me. i sighed and looked forward before jumping.

soap covered my mouth before i could scream and shushed me. he motioned me to follow him and walked off.

i followed behind him and took a deep breath.

he opened the door and walked in the weight room, waiting for me at the door. i stepped inside and turned to soap, looking at his body language. he seemed anxious about something.

"what did simon want from you?" he paced back and fourth, getting more antsy.

"he told me that price was sending off könig to russia for a mission." i sniffled, looking up to keep myself from shedding another tear.

soaps footsteps stopped and i looked back down. he turned to me and walked towards me. "i don't know what the tension is hit be careful. i'm worried about what simon might do."

i turned my head in confusion and furrowed my eyebrows. "what do you mean?"

"it seems like jealously more than just his normal asshole behavior." soap sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "just don't fall for his stupidity. tell me if anything gets weird." soap rushed out of the weight room, letting the door slam shut.

i walked towards the door and hesitated before i left. replaying what happened in his room. the way he looked at me, hugged me, spoke to me. said it all.

i came back to my senses and brushed it off, walking out the the weight room. i opened the door to königs room. i walked in and contemplated on waking him up and telling him.

i closed my eyes and took a deep breath. i brushed it off and took off my boots, walking to the other side and slowly crawling in bed. königs arm wrapped around me and pulled me in closer to him.

he lightly snored and held me close to his body. he felt warm and welcoming each times he held me.

i sighed and closed my eyes. falling asleep in königs arms.

♈︎

i woke up to a loud crash noise in the kitchen and jumped up. i panted and looked around. könig wasn't in bed and i quickly uncovered myself, sliding off the bed and walking towards the door.

i opened the door and walked out, peaking my head around the corner and walked towards the kitchen. i walked in and seen könig chasing the cat.

"what are you doing?" i was in awe at the mess they made in the kitchen.

"he has a tick and won't let me get it!" könig shouted, reaching over the island to grab the cat and missed.

"okay that's enough." i sighed and shook my head, walking over to the cat and picking him up. i walked over to könig and held the cat out. "where is it? grab it now."

he pulled the tick off of the cat and put it in a napkin, squishing it. "there." he walked over to the trash can and threw it out, walking back towards me and petting the cat. "how did you sleep?"

i sighed and took a seat. "fine until i woke up to you not there."

könig smiled, "i was hungry, i thought i would cook for everyone."

i looked over to the stove. "what did you cook?"

he moved out the way to show me something boiling in a pot. "stew!" he smiled.

"sounds good, can't wait!" i smiled.

könig smile faded and he frowned. he took a seat at the island across from me and leaned forward, putting his arms on the island. "i erm.."