chapter twenty six

♈︎

soap quickly opened the van door and helped me in, "stay here, don't let anyone see you and könig won't go bat shit crazy on the cartel." soap gave me a nervous smile and ran quickly back to the scene and getting in position.

i felt a gust of wind his my neck as the trunk opened, könig was searching through the bags of weapons and grabbed an assault rifle from the bag. he quickly shut the trunk and walked towards the scene and aimed.

he moved swiftly but with caution. i looked to the side and seen a man walking up. my heart dropped. "shit.." my heart was now racing and i had no choice but to act quickly. i reached in the back and grabbed a knife, sliding back into the seat. I shut my eyes and opened the door, i left it open and crouched, sneaking behind the man.

i noticed soap eyeing me down in shock, his mouth was wide open and in disbelief. i quickly stood up straight and stabbed the man in his side, holding him back with my left arm. he shouted in pain and tried to grab the knife out of his side. i quickly turned the knife and kicked the back of his leg down and panted.

gaz ran over and kneeled down. "nice one reids!" i looked over at gaz and continued trying to catch my breath. gaz handed me a handgun and dragged the man over towards him, disarming him from his weapons. "shoot or don't shoot?" gaz pointed his rifle at the man.

"no! no! don't shoot, don't shoot!" the man quickly lifted his arms. he groaned in pain everytime he moved.

"i think i should shoot." gaz pointed his gun again at the man.

"for fucks sake dont shoot!" the man shouted.

soap walked over and helped me up. he pat my back and gave me a reassuring nod. "aye quit fucking around!" soap glared at gaz and grabbed the man buy his arm, dragging him in front of the car. two men quickly stepped out and soap quickly drawn his gun to the mans head.

"don't shoot him!" one of the men bellowed, glaring at soap.

"why shouldn't i?" soap looked at his hostage and back at the two men. "what do you two want, your guy isn't here."

the two men looked at eachother and looked back at soap. "where is ignacio?" the man, stepped closer.

"don't get any fucking closer!" gaz quickly drawn his gun and pointed it at the men.

the man slowly lifted his arms and chuckled. "where is he?"

soap rolled his shoulder and cleared his throat. "we don't have him, your guy ran off. go look for him elsewhere."

price stepped forward and pointed his gun at the men. "i suggest you turn and go on with your day or i'll end it really quick."

"let go of david." the man pointed at the hostage soap was holding, insisting he lets go.

"no i think i'm going to hold onto him." soap replied, tightening his grip around the man's neck.

the man stepped closer and gaz acted quickly, shooting him in the chest. the other man quickly ran behind the car door and fired at soap. the man shot the hostage and soap quickly rolled over to cover.

i quickly ducked my head and looked at the ground. "shit." i grabbed the firearm and propped myself up against the van, firing whenever the man peaked. i shot twice more and his firing stopped. my eyes widened and i looked over the car.

it was quiet so i walked over to soap. "i think i hit him.." soap and i cautiously walked over to the car and seen the man holding his stomach and bleeding. he coughed up blood and wheezed.

"nice catch." soap held his hand out and high five's me, smiling then walking up to the man. "i'll take care of him, get ready to be home." soap grabbed the man and dragged him.

i quickly ran over to the van and grabbed my bag, shutting the door. i panted and wiped the blood off my hands and walked over to the helicopter.

"ready to go home?" price slightly smiled and placed his hand on my shoulder.

i nodded and walked inside the helicopter taking a seat and throwing my bag in front of me. könig shortly walked in and sat besides me.

everyone was seated and looked exhausted. price stood outside waiting for ghost and alejandro to show up. he held his hands on his hips and looked to the left as a van pulled up.

ghost quickly stepped out and walked onto the helicopter, followed by alejandro. ghost sat infront of me and glared at me. "i see you found your way to escape, good."

i glared back and quickly snapped back. "you left me to die!"

price walked in and quickly interrupted. "not now, leave whatever issues you have alone." he took a seat and sighed, leaning back and closing his eyes.

könig huffed and slouched in his seat, resting his head on my shoulder. i looked up and examined the interior of the helicopter. i felt the helicopter shake before it lifted the ramp, shutting it tightly.

the helicopter soon then started to lift off. könig grabbed my hand and held it, locking his fingers in between mine and closed his eyes.

i sighed and tightened my grip on his hand. i closed my eyes and let exhaustion take over me and fell asleep.

♈︎

i opened my eyes and felt the helicopter shake, i jittered and jumped up. my heart was racing and i felt a pit in my stomach.

"it's okay schatz (sweetheart), we are landing." könig reassured, standing up and stretching. he groaned and lifted both of our bags over his shoulder and held his hand out.

i grabbed his hand and stood up.

the helicopter landed and lowered the ramp. könig lead me out of the helicopter and yawned. "i need to shower."

"yea, me too." i giggled looked over my shoulder to see everyone follow behind.

könig lead me back inside and stopped in his tracks. he lifted his foot and seen kibble fall off. "i think someone forgot to feed the cat before we left.." he exclaimed looking over his shoulder, glaring at gaz.

gaz widened his eyes and looked around. "i'll clean it up." he sighed, setting his bag on the table and walking over to the broom.

"what the fuck?" ghost stopped, looking at the ground before sucking his teeth and walking off.

könig lead me to my bedroom and placed my bag down on the bed. he sighed and rolled his shoulder. he unclipped his helmet and set it on the night stand and pulled off his mask. he ran his fingers through his hair and looked in the mirror. "i need a haircut."

"i can cut it for you!" i smiled.

"what can't you do." he smiled, placing a kiss on my forehead.