chapter thirty three

♈︎

i huffed and kicked a pebble that was at my foot, walking over to the rope and looking up at it. the sky quickly turned grey, angered clouds swirling above me. "great." i grabbed the rope and began pulling myself up, climbing up the rope.

i reached the top and grabbed the bar, pulling myself up and sitting on top of it, trying to keep my balance. "shit." i grabbed the bar and held on as i sat on top of it. the cool air flown through my hair. the air felt and smelled refreshing everytime before it began to pour.

simon made his way over to the top and looked up. "better get down before you get hit by lightning." he chuckled, looking over at the course.

"the breeze feels better up here." i looked down to simon. "and i rather be struck by lightning than be around you." i mumbled.

i carefully pulled myself down and hung on the bar, grabbing the rope and sliding down it. "so are we gonna race this?" i pointed at the course and back at simon.

he looked over and let out a small giggle. "why not." he motioned over to the staff of the obstacle course and walked over to it.

i followed behind him and stood next to him when he came to a stop.

"do you have gloves? it's going to get slippery." he looked over to me and looked at my hands.

"yea, i do." i pulled out my black gloves and put them on, pulling the velcro over tightly and nodding at ghost.

"ready?" he looked over at me.

i nodded, looking away from him and looking forward.

"go."

i moved quickly as i could and jumped over the first small wooden obstacle. simon quickly caught up and jumped over the other and quickly jumped, grabbing the rope. his body slammed against the wall as he jumped, grunting and pulling himself up.

i huffed and jumped over the obstacle and jumped, grabbing the rope. i looked over to ghost as he was half way up the rope. i grunted and struggled to pull myself up.

i finally got to the top of the rope and threw myself over the wall, panting and holding my shoulder in pain. i looked over to see ghost running down the platform and sliding down the wall, hitting the ground.

"god dammit." i lifted myself up and sprinted down the platform and looked down before sliding down the wall. it was a steep fall if i didn't slide down right and i closed my eyes. "shit!" i shouted and just slid myself down the wall, feeling ever bump in the wood. i tried to land on my feet but slid down too fast, landing on my side.

i rolled over and grunted, walking over to the end of the obstacle and fell to the ground. sinking into the mud and letting the rain fall down on me.

"tired?" ghost walked up to me, leaning against the pole.

"i'm in pain." i snapped looking up into the sky.

"take some pain killers, that shouldn't stop you unless your leg is blown off." he teased, holding his hand out for me.

i grabbed his hand as he pulled me up. i rolled my shoulder and wiped the mud off of my face.

"go rest your shoulder, train tomorrow." ghost turned his back to me and walked off.

i sighed and walked back to the house, opening the back door and seen gaz and könig at the table, drinking tea.

gaz sneezed loudly and looked over at me. "hi (y/n)!"

"great your sick!" i exclaimed sarcastically and rolled my eyes. i took a seat next to könig and looked over at his tea.

"want some?" he pushed the cup in front of me.