chapter thirteen

♈︎

i woke up to a knock at the door, not noticing i fell asleep in königs room shortly after he left.

i got up and opened the door.

"hey can we talk love?" soap gave me a awkward smile, rubbing the back of his neck.

"what's up?"

soap leaned against the door and sighed. "look, we might know where your brother is but for this mission we need you to come with us. we're going to train you properly for the next three weeks, okay?"

"oh.. why am i involved?" i looked at him confused.

"well we need you as bait, but we'll save you before anything!"

"like that's supposed to make me feel any better." i rolled my eyes and shut the door, walking back to the bed before throwing myself onto it.

i looked around königs room for a bit before grabbing a book that he was reading. he was reading a book called the metamorphosis.

i flipped through the pages gently, trying to atleast read some words.

3 hours passed of just thinking and staring at the ceiling. why is all of this even happening? what if könig doesn't even have feelings and just wants to have "good fuck".

i put the pillow over my head and sighed. i finally fell asleep.

i woke up on my side and looked at the alarm clock, 5:09am. i looked down at the floor seeing my shoes infront of the dresser puzzlingly since i never took them off.

i shrugged it off and turned to my right side, könig was sleeping. i never noticed how long his eyelashes were. his scars were deep yet subtle.

i smiled and closed my eyes, falling back asleep.

i woke back up at 7am and turned, könig wasn't there. he must've left to go do his rounds.

i sat up, rubbing my eyes and yawning. i got up and went into königs bathroom. i grabbed the extra tooth brush that was in the medicine cabinet and brushed my teeth. i put on my shoes and walked out his room.

i opened the back door to the outside, seeing everyone doing the usual.

soap walked up to me and greeted me, "are you ready?"

i nodded, "what am i doing exactly?"

"well let's start you off with a little combat training then you can just do some exercises for the day."

i nodded. gaz walked up to me and stood on the blue mat.

"step here love." soap pointed at the blue mat. i walked up to the spot and was across gaz.

"do whatever you can to take gaz down, he won't be going easy on you."

"what-" gaz quickly grabbed me and knocked me off my feet, i had no time to react but did whatever i could to get back up. i slipped my legs under and over gaz's head, putting my weight on gaz. he soon fell, quickly grabbing his arm and holding it back.

"you might have to tap this one out gaz."

gaz grunted in pain, tapping the mat. i let go and got up resting my hands on my knees.

"good job schatz (sweetheart)!" könig walked up with his arms crossed, coming behind me and hugging me.

"thanks!" i turned and smiled, hugging him back.

"alright, we're going to go through some obstacle courses for now, then you can do some aiming and draw practice." soap motioned his hand for us to follow him, walking further out in the field.

we followed the trail, finally we ended up at the course.

"alright so now könig and gaz are gonna show ya how to do this then your gonna try it out for yourself." soap paced and clapped his hands together cheering on könig and gaz to go.

könig and gaz lunged at the monkey bars, könig swiftly swung through them, jumping off and landing on his feet. he ran towards the propped up logs and jumped over them.

gaz was slowly catching up, 3 bars behind könig.

it took him a moment to jump over the last one, using his hand to swing across it before running to the next obstacle.

"it's all luck!" gaz shouted, running towards the logs.

soap chuckled, "they get crazy competitive over this shit." looking back at könig and gaz.

he climbed up a small wooden wall, jumping over it, running to the next obstacle one last time.

he ran up to the rope and grabbed it, pulling himself up before wrapping his legs around it and moving up.

könig tapped the top of the bar and slid down the rope, running to soap, as soap held his hand out. könig reached out and tapped his hand.

"aww poor gaz! könig beat you!"

gaz slid down the rope, jogging towards soap, panting and sweating. he soon tapped soaps hand and leaned over, resting his hands on his knees.

"it's.. not fair. he got a head.. head start."

soap patted gaz's back, "oh you'll be alright buddy." he grinned then looking towards me.

"your turn little lady."

"oh great.." i sarcastically waved my hands in excitement, walking towards the start of the course.

"alright.. go go go! come on!"

i jumped towards the monkey bars, grunting as i struggled to keep myself up and swing my arms.

i finally made it past the monkey bars and logs. i struggled trying to lift my leg at the top of the wall.

"come on! you got it!" everyone cheered, clapping their hands.

i lifted myself a bit higher, finally getting to swing my leg across and falling on my side.

könig was going to walk up before a hand was held infront of him, soap was telling him to stop.

"let her get up."

i finally rolled off my side and got up, running towards the rope and jumping up towards it and grabbing it. i swung with the rope, wrapping my feet around it and managing to move my way up. i finally tapped the top of the bar and slid down, burning my palms.

i looked at my hands and tried to shrug it off, running towards soap and tapping his hand. i panted trying to catch my breath.

"well done mate!" soap smiled, patting my back.

könig smiled at me while gaz was obnoxiously cheering and screaming his head off.

"very well, it's pretty late out. do you want to continue on to your aiming and drawing or do it tomorrow?"

i nodded and smiled at soap, "i think i can continue that tomorrow."

"great because we'll be having you sit in a room with tear gas!"

"oh okay- wait what?" i took a double look at soap, he turned walking away giggling.

könig sucked his teeth, "i'm sorry schatz (sweetheart) i'll go with you, don't worry we will have gas masks on." he put his hand on my shoulder to reassure me.

i nodded and gave him a slight smile, walking back with him and gaz towards the house.